Enrolling In Classes Illustrated By 'The Hunger Games'

May the odds be ever in your favor.

30
Hunger Games Wikia

As the 2016 school year is coming to an end, students are beginning to make and adjust their schedules for the upcoming semester. While this process is fun for some, I personally would describe this process as my living, breathing hell. In fact, this process is so painful that at times I would rather just pull a Rue from "The Hunger Games" and allow one of my peers to shoot me with a bow and arrow.

But because this method of avoidance is frowned upon in today's society, I proceed to go through the enrollment process like everyone else.

So the process begins with the advising appointment. This is where you meet with a total stranger who has the future of your semester in their hands. They proceed to suggest a million classes you’ve never heard of and basically tell you what you’re going to be doing for the rest of your college life, all while you just sit there wildly confused. On the outside you remain calm...

But on the inside you feel like...

You leave this meeting with a piece of paper that contains a bunch of letters and numbers you pretend to understand.

You then decide to make a plan. So you take the numbers and letters, type them in, and proceed to be overwhelmed by the millions of options you have in terms of classes, meeting times, and professors.

You do your best to make a bomb schedule for yourself. You finish this process feeling blissfully satisfied, much like Katniss feels after shooting a squirrel...

But this feeling is short-lived because then the day comes to enroll.

You sit by your computer, clicking 'refresh' until your plan finally pops up. Then, you charge.

You quickly discover that three out of the five classes you put on your plan are full. This is when an emotional breakdown ensues.

You also discover that your advisor forgot to switch your major in the computer, so the registration doesn't allow you to sign up for the class you need.

And if all of that isn't enough, you are then forced to sign up for an 8 a.m. because all the other meeting times for the class you need are full.

This is the point where you just have to say 'screw it,' do the best you can do to make something out of nothing, and vow to never go to that same advisor again.

You complete your schedule for the next semester. You know in your head that it's pretty sucky, but you tell yourself there could be worse.

So if you're reading this and you, too, have been tormented by the process that is enrollment, please know that you are not alone.

And for those of you who have yet to add and/or establish your schedules for next semester...