Enough Is Never Enough

Enough Is Never Enough

Pleasing yourself is truly the only thing that matters in life

5
Enough Is Never Enough
Personal Photo

Wondering what will be enough won't get you anywhere in life because enough won't ever be enough. Constantly people find themselves torn between pleasing others and pleasing themselves.This is an ongoing battle that you won't ever win. The issue with this is that, yes, most people want to please those around them, but fail to keep in mind that their happiness does matter too.

People's opinions are what comes into play in this picture. Are they irrelevant? Yes. Does everyone on the face of this Earth let someone's words get to them at some point? Yes. Children are taught that words are so powerful, but never are taught that not all words are meaningful. The words yes, no, please, thank you and mine are a few of every child's favorite words. These are the words that most children are taught an any early age. They have been implanted into their minds because after years of repetition it became a learned habit to say please when you want something, or thank you after you receive something.

The issue with words being implemented into one's mind is the negative affect it can have. If someone around you is constantly feeding you negative thoughts, or negative energy, one could say that you are destined to be that way, as well. That is not always true. Just like behavior is learned, it can also be changed. With that being said, don't ever question what someone says to you, or for that matter, don't even listen to them. In the end, all you have is yourself and you are the only person who you need to please.

Remember, your happiness is all that matters because enough will never be enough. Someone is going to always have something negative to say about how you are living your life, and that is OK. One will not be able to learn to be successful until they learn to handle criticism. Some of it's good, and some of it is pretty bad, but through out your life any of it could be thrown at you. As long you you're happy in what your doing, then that is all that matters. Continue to strive for your happiness, not for others. It is always nice to please others, but always remember that your happiness comes first.