You Are Enough

You Are Enough

In man's eyes, you may feel worthless, but to God, you are a perfect masterpiece.

5
You Are Enough
Lauren Dukehart

I'm just going to start this post out by being really honest about something I've personally been struggling with. Ever since I got to college, I've been struggling with auditions. As a music major, auditions are kind of a regular thing. You have to audition to get into ensembles, operas, and eventually for grad school and even jobs. In high school, auditions always came super easily to me. I wouldn't even get nervous half the time. I even received a solo my freshman year of chorus. But I've come to realize that auditions now are a lot more than just sounding good. Directors will comment on things you've never even thought about and you can never have enough experience.

Needless to say, I've auditioned for three things since coming to college and haven't gotten into a single one of them. For awhile, this was really getting me down. I told myself I sucked and that I didn't have what it took. I decided that everyone knew way more than I was ever even introduced to and there was no way I would ever catch up. My confidence was at an all time low. I decided that I was not enough and never would be.

I hated feeling this way. I felt inferior to everyone I had class with, but one morning I decided to do a devotion and it changed my entire outlook. The book of Ephesians is a great place to go when you are feeling low, let me tell you. First we are told, “But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us,…and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus." God loves us so much; even when we think we are totally unworthy of loving or feel like scum. He thinks we are the most incredible creation, His creation. He thinks we are so great, He has even made a place for us right next to Him in heaven! We get to chill for the rest of our lives beside Jesus! That's some pretty important stuff.

Another verse I came across was also in Ephesians, “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” Even though I felt like I was awful and couldn't amount to anything, God was telling me the entire time that I was enough. I was created for good works. God already knows and has prepared everything that I'm going to do in my life. Why do I even need to worry? The same God that put the stars in the sky and created man also took the time to handcraft my future.

So the next time you feel worthless and like you aren't enough, remember that you are more than enough in God's eyes. No matter how many times people put you down and make you feel small, believe in yourself and the incredible plan God has for your life. Don't give up on something you know you are suppose to achieve just because it's difficult. Work harder than everyone else and prove to them that YOU ARE ENOUGH.