14 Empowering Bops You Need To Get Through Valentine's Day As A Single Lady

You can get through this with a little help from Beyonce and Ariana Grande

61
Photo by Jamakassi on Unsplash

Valentine's Day can be a doozy to get through, especially if you're single. Just because someone isn't loving you, doesn't excuse you from loving yourself. You can get through this, because if you can't love yourself how in the hell are you gonna love somebody else?

1. "Thank U, Next" by Ariana Grande

Instead of going through your ex's Instagram and Snapchat this Valentine's Day, why not be thankful for what he taught you. Ariana came through with this self-love love song and we could not be more grateful. One taught you love, one taught you patience, one taught you pain. You're so amazing. Always remember that!

2. "Lady Powers" by Vera Blue

This song is so underrated and one of my favorites. Vera Blue's lyrics are so empowering and her voice is so unique. Listen to this song to recognize the power you hold as a woman and celebrate it this Valentine's Day.

3. "Love Myself" by Hailee Steinfeld

This one is pretty self-explanatory.

4. "Independent Women Pt. 1" by Destiny's Child

Before Beyonce was singing about single ladies, she was still empowering girls. This song spreads a message of providing for yourself and being independent. You're doing amazing, sweetie!

5. "Perfect to Me" by Anne-Marie

This song might just perfectly describe your Valentine's Day but, that's perfectly okay. This song spreads a really fantastic message that exceeds one to just get you through this holiday. Listen to this song and feel great about living life the way you want.

6. "Hard Times" by Paramore

Whether you consider the week of Valentine's Day to be full of hard times or the winter months in general, it's important to remember that those times will pass. This song is a great reminder as well as a bop.

7. "Army of Me by Bjork

Bjork is one of my favorite female artists. This song is all about leaving toxic people in your life and standing up for yourself. I mean... how much more empowered can we get?

8. "Seashore" by The Regrettes

This girl band is one of my favorites. This music video was recommended to me on youtube one day and it honestly changed me. I love the message this song spreads and it is a total girl power song. Listen to this and tell me it's not something Kat Stratford from "10 Things I Hate About You" would listen to in her room. Is it asshole day or something?

9. "Armor" by Sara Bareilles

You cannot go wrong with Sara Bareilles. She's been coming through with the girl power bops since "Love Song" and this new release from her is nothing short of fantastic. She's a total force to be reckoned with and so are you!

10. "Pretty Girl Rock" by Keri Hilson

Practice self-love this Valentine's Day like a boss lady. This song is so easy to dance to and its lighthearted lyrics are perfect to dance in your room to as well. This song is still a bop!

11. "Loser Like Me" by The Glee Cast

If you were a "Gleek" in your middle school years, then you definitely remember this song. I must have listened to this song like 200 times in 7th grade. Listening to it now is a nostalgic experience but, it's still a fun song with a good message. And that's what you missed on Glee!

12. "High Horse" by Kacey Musgraves

This disco country bop comes off of the Grammy Award-winning Slow Burn. It's a banger and Kacey Musgraves is the 2019 queen of empowerment. Sister snapped!

13. "You Don't Own Me" by Leslie Gore

The original queen of empowerment was way before her time. This song was redone recently but, nothing will beat the original version of this song.

14. "God is a Woman" by Ariana Grande

Ariana Grande really outdid herself with this one. The powerhouse vocals, the lyrics, the message, everything! I'm so happy that this song exists. Put this song on every day, not just on Valentine's Day. It's too damn good.