You Weren't REALLY An Emo Kid if You Didn't Scream These 37 Songs

The ultimate playlist for every born-again scene kid.
1165

For as long as I can remember, music has always been an important part of my life. For the longest time, music was my only friend. Each band member was a part of my family, someone that I felt a true connection with. Every song, every word was like poetry, as if the bands had translated my feelings into music. I was that "emo" kid in high school, adorned with Hot Topic chains and band tees. I would strut down the hall my in my checkered Vans with skater friends, blaring the loudest screamo I could play on my iPod Touch.

Since unearthing my metalcore roots, I have felt like a kid again, before life became real and troubles were unknown. I felt carefree... wandering the halls like I was hot shit with no one to listen to. Stupid child... but I love the memories. Even though I will always and forever be a metalhead, my roots are ground deep in these bands.

These are the 37 songs that make me feel like that emo kid again:

1. If It Means A lot to You - A Day to Remember

NOW EVERYBODY'S SINGING LA... LALALA... LALALA!

2. Second and Sebring - Of Mice and Men

This was the first scream song I ever listened to... it will always be my anthem.

3. Welcome To The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance

I know you are singing the words right now... don't hold back.

4. Famous Last Words - My Chemical Romance

MCR was the definition of tween rebellion and I miss it.

5. Thnks Fr Th Mmrs - Fall Out Boy

Need I say more...

6. If You are James Dean, I'm Audrey Hepburn - Sleeping With Sirens

I met Kellin Quinn when I was 14 in an Urban Outfitters and cried while singing this song to him...

7. Part of Me - Neck Deep

*SCREAMS LYRICS AS LOUD AND OFF PITCH AS POSSIBLE*

8. Dear Maria, Count Me In - All Time Low

I GOT YOUR PICTURE, IM COMING WITH YA

9. Time Bomb - All Time Low

I remember listening to this song for hours on abandon playgrounds while drinking airplane bottles of rum...oh high school.

10. Miles Away - Memphis May Fire ft Kellin Quinn

When Kellin came on stage in Warped Tour 2014 to sing this...Ded.

11. Stick Stickly - Attack Attack!

No one will ever make electronic keyboard and screamo sound as perfect as Attack Attack! and that's why they are Top 5.

12. Tears Don't Fall - Bullet For My Valentine

This music video though...

13. Bring Me To Life - Evanescence

Even if you aren't a scene kid, you love this song.

14. Fall For You - Secondhand Serenade

If you didn't cry about lost love to this song, were you even emo?

15. King for a Day - Pierce the Veil

Anddddddd Kellin Quinn dominated another song (what happened).

16. Stay Away From My Friends - Pierce the Veil

The ultimate fuck boi song.

17. The Red - Chenille

That bass though.

18. All Signs Point to Lauderdale - A Day To Remember

I HATE THIS TOWN

IT'S ALL WASHED UP

AND ALL MY FRIENDS DON'T GIVE A...well you can finish it.

19. Can You Feel My Heart - Bring Me The Horizon

Even though Suicide Season is better, this album put them on the map, and its fucking great.

20. Not The American Average - Asking Alexandria

This is a raunchy song and I didn't realize it 'til I was almost 18...

21. 40 Days... - blessthefall

My favorite song (and also the loudest set I have ever heard at Warped Tour)

22. Awakening - blessthefall

Second favorite...

23. The Anthem - Good Charlotte

I almost forgot this one and I am ashamed of myself.

24. All the Small Things - Blink 182

The roots of all punk music was born here.

25. Good Riddance - Green Day

This played at my middle school graduation and everyone cried while I sang the lyrics in happiness.

26. You Only Live Once - Suicide Silence

The original YOLO. #RIPMitch

27. Middle Fingers Up - Attila

My grandmother once told me that this song was obscene.

28. Savior - Rise Against

This is the only Rise Against song I remember, but do we need to know any others?

29. The Kill - 30 Seconds to Mars

The Jared Leto I remember, before he was a heroin addict and a transgender Aids victim (in his movies just saying).

30. Face Down - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

I have rediscovered this song and I have probably played it 17 times today.

31. Scars - Papa Roach

I TEAR MY HEART OPEN

I SEW MYSELF SHUT

32. Broken - Seether

A boy played this song for me on his guitar when I was 13 and my emo heart fell in love (yes, he was a skater boy in a punk band).

33. Diary of Jane - Breaking Benjamin

Their best song 10/10.

34. Holding On - Scary Kids Scaring Kids

I hope some of you are not so young that you don't remember this gem.

35. In The End - Linkin Park

Would you be a real emo kid if you didn't call Linking Park 'metal' and burn illegal copies on your computer?

36. Through Glass - Stone Sour

I remember trying to analyze what this song was about, trying to make it sound deep as shit.

37. I Hate Everything About You - Three Days Grace

Finally, it wouldn't be emo if I didn't include some angry Three Days Grace.

Bang on, my fellow emo kids. Enjoy the throwbacks.