"Elf" in Real Life: 8 Quotes from the Movie Can Be Loved All Year Round

"Bye Buddy, I hope you find your dad!"

1483
Screenprism

It is the holiday season. We all love holiday movies. From "The Christmas Story" to "Its A Wonderful Life," Christmas movies never seem to get old and are always a welcome treat when that time of the year rolls around... or even in the summer (no shame).

Though every Christmas movie is thoroughly enjoyable, I keep gravitating towards the movie "Elf." Every time I watch this magnificent Christmas movie creation, I believe it gets even better. Quotes from the movie come out of my mouth like every day conversation and this continues throughout the year. Here are my favorite lines from the movie Elf and the perfect situation in real life to implement them.

1. "He's an angry elf."

This can be used in various types of conversations. The most common: observing an angry interaction or seeing a sportsperson get angry live or on TV.

2. "Why is your coat so big? So, good news - I saw a dog today. Have you seen a dog? You probably have. How was school? Was it fun? Did you get a lot of homework? Huh? Do you have any friends? Do you have a best friend? Does he have a big coat, too?"

Awkward moment breaker. Pick any question from this above paragraph.

3. "SON of a NUTcracker!"

Swearing happens... but it does not have too if you use this phrase! The most common: the stubbed toe, the driving mistake. See also "1. "He's an angry elf."

4. "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?"

This quote can be used in any and all occasions. Buddy uses this when he answers the phone in the movie and is the most common usage. Try it next time your best friend calls. Ready go.

5. "I love smiling, smiling's my favorite."

When can you use this? All day everyday. Such a happy statement that should be used oh so often.

6. "You did it! Congratulations guys! "World's Best Cup of Coffee."Great job, everybody. It's great to meet you."

Use this quote when someone does something fantastic... even if it does not involve coffee.

7. "I'm sorry I ruined your lives, and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR."

Casually awesome sorry statement. The most common use: when there is a small mixup, or an apology has already happened. This can be used to break the ice and make it less awkward!

8. Mr. Narwhal: "Bye buddy, I hope you find your dad!" Buddy: "Thanks Mr. Narwhal."

Obviously this can be used to say goodbye to someone. They may not expect the "I hope you find your dad" aspect of this farewell which will make it that much better. Use this quote as much as possible. The reactions are awesome.

See how applicable "Elf" is year round? You are welcome.