Seven Quarantine Recipes And Whether They're Worth Making At Home

Because we only have a limited amount of energy.

12

Quarantine has been my introduction to new habits, new hobbies, and best of all, new recipes. As someone who loves food, being at home meant I was making a lot more food than I used to. Some of them became part of my weekly routine, while others took too much time and effort. These are seven quarantine recipes I attempted and whether they're worth trying.

1. Bread

Tetiana Shyshkina

I love trying different types of bread, especially at different restaurants. However, I'd never tried baking bread until a few weeks ago. I ended up making a delicious and fluffy Italian Bread Braid. Although the experience was very time-consuming compared to other baking projects, the end result was successful and worth the effort. I was glad to have this bread for the next few days and it tastes better than most store-bought bread.

2. Burger

Ilya Mashkov

In quarantine, I also started to make burgers at home so that we could avoid having to go out as much. Burgers are actually much easier than expected. They can include many unique seasonings and extra additions that I wouldn't usually buy. It makes for a great family meal and tradition. Because of this, making burgers is worth the effort.

3. Fries

Emmy Smith

Something I love to do is go to fast food restaurants just for the fries. So when I got a craving a few weeks ago, I made them at home. They do take some time to prepare and make, but I do think they're worth the effort. I enjoy making them at home because I can add some different spices, such as garlic powder and black pepper. They go amazingly well with homemade burgers, making them a delicious and worthwhile meal.

4. Bubble Tea

Lisanto

Bubble Tea is a delicious Asian drink usually including tapioca balls. Overall, the bubble tea I made from the recipe was very good. It was the perfect texture and amount of sweetness. However, it takes hours to make, so this recipe is not worth making at home. It's much easier and less time-consuming to buy bubble tea instead of making it.

5. Smoothies

Sara Cervera

I started making smoothies at home when I had bought too many blueberries and didn't know how to use them. With my blender, I'd have a delicious smoothie to drink during my early-morning classes. It's definitely worth the short time that it takes. I get to have many nutrients quickly and sip this delicious drink.

6. Apple Chips

Connie Chen

Over the past few years, apple chips have been my go-to snack. They're perfectly sweet and crunchy. At home, when my family had bought too many apples, I decided to make this recipe. While the recipe turned out delicious, one pan would take hours for me to bake. Because of that, I'm definitely sticking to store-bought apple chips in the future.

7. Salad

Yoav Aziz

Salads are so simple to make, but it took until quarantine for me to consistently make them. I didn't enjoy store-bought salads because they didn't include the vegetables I liked or the ranch they came with. I started making them myself, which is so efficient and so worth the effort. I get to try different salad varieties and find my favorites by making them at home.

In general, quarantine has given me many new recipes to try. Most of the dishes on this list are worth the effort and time. If you're looking for a new hobby or new food to make at home, you'll have a great time choosing one of the worthwhile recipes on this list.