So, my roommates and I decided to take up watching The Twilight series as a way to de-stress and let me tell you it does the trick. I haven't (ironically) laughed obnoxiously hard at a movie in a long time, and I've quite enjoyed watching them-for every reason they weren't made for. Although, I can't ignore the fact that Edward and Bella's relationship is EXTREMELY TOXIC! And the fact that people have been idealizing it for 10 years is downright atrocious. Now I'm here to unpack every little thing right now!
1. Edward terrifies Bella.Don'T Look Away Breaking Dawn GIF - Find & Share on GIPHYGiphy
As he should. He's a vampire.
2. Edward is controls what she does, who she sees, and where she goes.Giphy
We get that you're trying to protect her but like CHILL!
3. Edward makes all of the decisions.Giphy
Bella has a mind too! If your relationship was 2 sided, shit would've been better.
4. They both threaten to commit suicide MORE THAN ONCEGiphy
No one is worth that guys. And that guilt and blame is so toxic.
5. CONSISTENTLY THREATENING TO KILL HERGiphy
I get that he's a vampire and she has pure blood or whatever, but keep it to yourself or just walk away!
6. Pushing, biting, kicking, etc...Giphy
THESE THINGS ARE NOT OKAY!
7. He forced Bella to leave her home MULTIPLE TIMESGiphy
Let the girl live her life! And poor Charlie!
8. Edward is constantly accusing her of cheating.Giphy
We all know that Jacob is literally hot, but you have to trust your woman!
9. SHE TURNED INTO A VAMPIRE IN ORDER TO BE WITH HIMGiphy
Okay Edward, the whole time you're like "No! I don't want this life for you!" But you are recklessly in love with her enough to let it happen anyways! And Bella, where is your independence!