Economic Bias In The US Media

Economic Bias In The US Media

Media Bias in the United States is an unfortunate reality that can often lead to negative public perception of certain topics.

76
Economic Bias In The US Media

Media Bias in the United States is an unfortunate reality that can often lead to negative public perception of certain topics. Examples include reporting stories about natural disasters or crimes that are not covered by the media. In some instances, the media has also helped to launch celebrities and politicians into careers that would not have happened otherwise.

Media bias in the US happens when US media outlets regularly skew news stories in a negative way, including promoting a conservative political agenda through entertainment media or reporting bad news about a celebrity. There are sometimes a liberal bias and even right-leaning bias. Right-leaning media outlets tend to focus more on social issues and conservative outlets tend to take a strong stance on business and commercial issues. However, a minority of news outlets, particularly on television, report stories based solely on facts and a free press, which are always more favorable for the US than media biased against businesses and the wealthy.

A major problem with bias in US media is the tendency for stories to be overblown. Many stories that appear on news channels, especially television, are exaggerated or over-reported. This can make it difficult for the average person to understand what is actually happening. For instance, a national crisis such as the September 11th Terrorist attack will get extensive coverage on all news channels and media outlets, including cable news stations, but the actual story will be grossly over-reported. The truth is that there was probably very little danger to the American people from the September 11th attacks. Also, most of the citizens of America were on vacation at the time of the attack and most of the injured were from cruise ships.

Another example of a major media bias occurred when the Federal Reserve Bank Chairman Ben Bernanke took the controversial step of releasing the last two trillion dollars in stimulus funds. Media bias again! How can the American people allow this sort of fraud to take place when we are in the middle of an economic recession? The media love sensationalism and will focus on any negative aspects of the stimulus plan more than the positive aspects. Americans tuned out the Chairmen's Press Conference and tuned in to President Obama's campaign speech.

Now let me ask you this question; does the US media bias toward a conservative or liberal point of view play a role in your decisions as a consumer or business owner? You may not think so, but it is a well-known fact that media organizations lean left while most Americans do right. That would be surprising, wouldn't it?

Is it because some owners and business owners have donated large sums of money to the left-leaning think tank in Washington, D.C.? Or could it be a lack of knowledge about the media and their own personal biases. Do you know all of the owners and business owners in your local media markets? I don't know any, but I bet if I did, I don't live in that area or they don't read my local newspaper.

So, I'd like to ask you, what can you do to counteract this kind of media bias and what can you expect from it? First, consider diversifying your portfolio. Find a few conservative and pro-business publications that are also online. Then develop websites and blogs relevant to your particular area of business and promote those conservative and pro-business sites and blogs. If you're not sure how to start doing that, go to your local library and read up on local advertising media for ideas.

Secondly, understand that media bias is nothing new. That doesn't make it right, or fair, but it is the reality of today's society. The economic stimulus package, the Democrats passed in early 2021 gave media outlets a lot of free advertising. Don't give them all of the free advertising, but use that money to promote your conservative views and online business.