5 Creative ~ Healthy ~ Meals to Make on Campus

Eating Healthy at school can actually taste good

16

Villanova's Campus has a very healthy stigma surrounding it: people are working out every day and constantly wear their Lululemon workout outfits to class. Although everyone here is relatively healthy, sometimes it is hard to come up with new, interesting healthy meals to eat. Now that I am a sophomore I have figured out some new meals to eat that are on the healthier side and taste great.

1. The Holy Grounds Oatmeal... with Peanut Butter

Paige McCarthy

The Holy Grounds oatmeal is a cult classic on campus, but an easy way to add some protein to this meal is to add some peanut butter. The library still sells the Justin's Peanut Butter packets and adding one of these to the peanut butter tastes great and also allows for you to get some protein in this high carb meal.

2. Avocado Toast

https://pixabay.com/en/breakfast-homemade-eggs-avocado-1314355/

For those who are unaware: Pit now has guacamole all day long! Toast a piece of whole wheat bread, add avocado, and a fried egg from the omelette station and you have made a pretty decent avocado toast. Pairing this with any fruit makes for a well balanced breakfast.

3. Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap

This might seem like an obvious wrap to make, but its a meal that I completely disregarded my first year at Villanova. Any of the sandwich stations on campus have both grilled chicken and caesar dressing so it is easy to make this salad wrap. A bonus of making this is in Pit is that they can now toast your wrap.

4. A Freshens Smoothie with Greek Yogurt

https://www.canva.com/photos/food-drink/MADGyf1WFaA-mason-jar-with-shake-and-straw/?query=smoothie

The Freshens smoothies on campus might seem like a good choice, but the majority of the smoothies are made with sorbet which ends up adding unnecessary calories and sugar. Instead, ask for the smoothie to be made with the greek yogurt and get the smaller size, which is still super filling.

5. Homemade Burrito Bowl

The dining halls have a ton of great options, you just have to be creative. Find a bowl and fill it with rice from the stir fry station, ask the sandwich station for grilled chicken, and find additional toppings from the salad station and you have made a tasty burrito bowl. This is another great option because you have the ability to control what goes in your burrito bowl.