"Eat Pray Love" Can Change The Concept Of Your Journey

"If you are prepared most of all to face and forgive some of the most difficult realities about yourself, then the truth will not be withheld from you" - Elizabeth Gilbert
204

Since being in Scotland, I have already learned so many things and have been so grateful that I took this risk. I feel it could be the best independent decision I have ever made.

But, I wasn't sure what my purpose of doing this adventure was. I was unsure how to feel, what to take in, and what to write down so I can remember forever. I didn't know how many times to eat out, what to cook, what my budget should be, or how I should react and interact with different cultures...seems like a lot of questions and uncertainty, right? That came from a girl who was pretty nervous about up and leaving the only thing I have really known.

My mindset has changed.

The second night being in Scotland, I had a long night of not sleeping, dealing with the time change. I stumbled upon the movie "Eat Pray Love" and had recognized the title as my mom used to love this movie. While I was watching the film, I became inspired by Elizabeth and her drive to change her life — to do something for her.

"Eat Pray Love," you helped give me true inspiration.

"In the end, I've come to believe in something I call the 'physics of the quest', a force in nature governed by the laws of gravity. The rules of quest physics goes something like this: If you're brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting and set out on a truth-seeking journey either internally or externally, and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher and if you are prepared most of all to face and forgive some of the most difficult realities about yourself, then the truth will not be withheld from you" — Elizabeth Gilbert, "Eat Pray Love"

This quote stuck with me.

After the movie, I looked it up to re-read it, to internally understand the meaning. I fell in love with these words. I was so happy that I found a quote that truly had all of the story and meaning that I want to search for — that I want to have within me.

She focused her adventure and travels on the people, how they speak, and the way their culture works. She wanted to dive in to the culture with open arms to understand and process.

I loved how much time she wanted to spend on food and eating and not caring about weight or not fitting into what her past norm was. She didn't want to give up opportunities or great resturants because she was scared to become someone she wasn't in the past.

I have taken the step to leave my loved ones and friends behind to go out on this truth-seeking journey. I have already met so many incredible people who have opened my eyes to so many different parts of the world I haven't seen before. The locals are amazing and I hope to bring their friendliness and charisma back to the United States. They want everyone to love their city as much as they do.

This quote was such an incredible and eye-opening message for me and possibly for you as well. Whether you are traveling for a year, four months, or one week, you should always take it as a chance to change and grow.