5 Easy To Make Foods When Stressed
Health Wellness

5 Easy To Make Foods For Stressful Weeks

You don't need the extra stress of figuring out what to make for dinner.

71
personal photo

Everyone has their stressful weeks and it's getting to be that time of year where every college student is stressed. Finals are either happening or right around the corner. May also means the end of leases and moving and what a more stressful event than moving. And if you are anything like me than cooking dinner is just one more stressor to add to the list. Below is a list of foods that you can easily make while stressed out without adding to your stress.

Pierogi Beef Skillet

What You'll Need

• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 (16-ounce) package frozen potato pierogis, thawed
  • 1 (10-ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese

What to Do

1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat, and brown beef 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
  2. Add pierogi and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
  3. Stir in broccoli, salt, and pepper, then top with cheese.
  4. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes, or until cheese melts and broccoli is warmed through.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pierogi-beef-skillet/

Beef and Broccoli

Total Time: 15 minutes

INGREDIENTS:

• 2/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup chicken stock
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
  • 1 head broccoli, cut into florets

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, chicken stock, honey, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, cornstarch, Sriracha, ginger, red pepper flakes and 1/4 cup water; set aside.
  2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add steak and cook, flipping once, until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
  3. Stir in broccoli and soy sauce mixture until tender and slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
  4. Serve immediately.

https://damndelicious.net/2014/08/13/easy-beef-broccoli/

White Pizza with Parsley Pesto Drizzle

Total time: 40 minutes

GARLIC OIL

• 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder

PARSLEY PESTO

• 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
  • 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • Freshly cracked pepper
  • Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
  • 1.5 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 3 Tbsp olive oil

PIZZA

• 1 14-16" pizza dough
  • 4 oz. fresh mozzarella
  • 2 Roma tomatoes

INSTRUCTIONS

• In a very small bowl or dish, stir together 1 Tbsp olive oil and the garlic powder. Let the mixture sit and infuse while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
  • To make the parsley pesto, finely mince 1 packed cup of fresh parsley leaves (about 1/2 cup once minced). Add the minced garlic, grated Parmesan, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the lemon juice and olive oil to the mixture, starting with just 1 Tbsp lemon juice and 2 Tbsp olive oil, and adding more if needed to create a mixture that is loose enough to drizzle over the pizza. I used 1.5 Tbsp lemon and 3 Tbsp oil total, but this will depend on the volume of your minced parsley. Set the parsley pesto aside.
  • Move your oven's rack to the top position and begin preheating the oven to 500ºF. Thinly slice the tomatoes and fresh mozzarella.
  • Stretch or roll your pizza dough out to a 14-16" disc. Place it on a pizza pan or baking sheet*. Stir the garlic and oil, then brush a thin later over the entire surface of the dough, including the outer crust.
  • Arrange the tomato slices evenly over the pizza dough, then top with torn slices of mozzarella.
  • Bake the pizza in the fully preheated 500ºF oven for 10 minutes, or just until the outer crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted, but not browned. After removing the pizza from the oven, drizzle the parsley pesto over top, slice into eight pieces, and serve.

https://www.budgetbytes.com/white-pizza-with-parsley-pesto-drizzle/

Roasted Chicken and Veggies

Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients

• 2 medium chicken breasts chopped
  • 1 cup bell pepper chopped (any colors you like)
  • 1/2 onion chopped
  • 1 zucchini chopped
  • 1 cup broccoli florets
  • 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped or plum/grape
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika optional

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 500 degree F.
  2. Chop all the veggies into large pieces. In another cutting board chop the chicken into cubes. Place the chicken and veggies in a medium roasting dish or sheet pan. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper, italian seasoning, and paprika. Toss to combine.
  3. Bake for 15 minutes or until the veggies are charred and chicken is cooked. Enjoy with rice, pasta, or a salad.

https://gimmedelicious.com/2016/03/22/15-minute-healthy-roasted-chicken-and-veggies/

Black Bean Meatballs

Total Time: 65 minutes

Ingredients

• 4 cups cooked black beans rinsed and well drained
  • 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Quick Cooking Oats
  • 1 cup walnuts
  • 2 medium carrots
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 tsp fennel seeds
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1 tsp paprika powder
  • ½ tbs kosher salt
  • ½ cup chopped parsley leaves
Instructions
  1. In a food processor, chop black beans to small chunks but do not puree. Transfer the chopped black beans into a large mixing bowl. Add oats and mix briefly. Set aside.
  2. Finely chop walnuts, carrots, onion, fennel seeds, garlic in food processor. Stir the mixture into the black bean-oat batter. Mix in the rest of ingredients and combine well.
  3. Cover the mixing bowl with lid or plastic wrap and let it chill in refrigerator for at least on hour.
  4. Remove the mixing bowl from refrigerator. Preheat oven at 350 ºF. Line the baking dish with parchment paper or lightly spray the baking dish with oil (use canola oil instead of olive oil). Scoop a golf ball size of batter and shape it to form a ball. Finish all the batter. It will yield approximately 42 balls. Bake for 20 minutes until one side is golden brown. Use a spatula to carefully flip the balls over. Bake for another 20 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
  5. Remove the balls from the baking dish and carefully transfer them onto a wire cooling rack for 5 minutes. Use as meatballs in other recipes if desired.

https://lightorangebean.com/black-bean-meatless-balls/