Easter In College: Survival Edition

Easter In College: Survival Edition

How to survive the travel of Easter.

5
Easter In College: Survival Edition
Annie Spratt // Unsplash

Here is the thing about Easter and the quarter system, it sucks. The main reason being almost every quarter system I have come in contact with or looked up as left no 'travel' day for Easter. If you celebrate Easter in any capacity, you know how much effort it is to go through the whole production that is Easter. There are the eggs, the children to entertain, sometimes church, and more.

At the end of the day, you are most likely exhausted, and the idea of driving home to make it to your class on Monday and eight AM is already making you tried. I wish we could change this, but at least it is on a Sunday? At least that is how most colleges seem to treat it. So here are a few survival tips for those traveling for Easter this coming weekend.

Be realistic. That means understanding how much sleep you actually need and that you really should not miss that eight AM Monday, even if you really do not want to drive home at one in the morning Sunday night. Talk to your professors beforehand, see if they will excuse you. I usually would doubt this, but it is better to ask than to assume!

See if you can start early! While I hate to put pressure on my family by prioritizing my studies, I realize I cannot change everything. However, I know that they will do a lot to help me out! So see if your family might have two Easters if not have it early on Saturday, at least the egg hunts and family time with you before you have to leave. That way you can get an early start Sunday without missing the fun!

As always, be prepared, boy scout! If you are helping by setting up egg hunts or making food, make it early! The earlier the better! Then you can focus on sleep or on driving back to school- even though it is not as fun as planning egg hunts or making delicious food for the family.

Remember to have fun! Get in the mood while driving or getting ready early! Think about the people you love who will be so happy to see you and to hang out with you! Get ready with songs or photos or videos that remind you of Easter. Then on the way back get back in the mood of school by listening to your best playlist and remembering how much fun you have at college ( if not necessary studying but your friends!).