Killer Leg Workout: Dumbbell Only!!

Killer Leg Workout: Dumbbell Only!!

Simple and effective to kill those legs with just a pair of dumbbells.

808
Killer Leg Workout: Dumbbell Only!!
Kylah George

Looking for a workout but you don’t have all the extravagant equipment? Maybe you don’t completely know your way around the gym? Or maybe you just looking for a quick and efficient leg workout? I created this workout because I was crunched on time and I only had access to my apartment gym. This meant my options for equipment were limited to dumbbells, a bench, and the space around me. You could also do this when the gym is packed (aka all the squat racks and machines are taken). Give this workout a try for your next leg day. Share with your friends or do it together!

Set x Repetitions = 4x10 = 4 sets of 10 repetitions (ex. 4 rounds of 10 squats)

Equipment Needed:

• 2 resistance bands (1 medium tension, 1 hard tension)
  • Dumbbells (weight is dependent on the individual and their fitness level)
  • Bench (a step or stool is a great alternative)

Warm Up/Activation:

Warming up is an essential component prior to exercising. By increasing the core temperature of the body, our joints become loosened, there is more blood circulation to the muscles, and our bodies are at a lesser risk for injury.

*5 min walk/bike*

1a. Glute bridge with medium resistance band - 2x26 (10 both, 8 left, 8 right)

1b. Clamshells with medium resistance Band – 2x10

Workout:

1. Tempo Goblet Squat - 3x10

2. Deadlifts:

a. Romanian Dead Lifts - 4x8

b. Sumo stance deadlift- 4x10

3. Drop set:

a. Hip thrust - 3x12

b. Body weight hip thrust - 3x10

c. Seated hip abductors - 3x10

4. Bulgarian split squat – 2x10

5. Calf Raises – 2x20

Rest 45-60 seconds between each exercise. For the drop set, do each exercise back to back before resting.