6 Dry Shampoos  At Target, Who Hates Washing Her Hair

10 Dry Shampoos That You Can Find At Target—Good And Bad—For The Girl Who Hates Washing Her Hair

43

I hate washing my hair. It is time-consuming, and it takes to long. I have been a dedicated dry shampoo user since freshman year of high school. Most of us college girls can relate to this lazy feeling, or simply do not have time. Another advantage is that your hair does not get as dried out from shampooing every day, and it can make your hairstyle stretch a few more days.

1. Not Your Mothers Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo

3.67 at Target.com

This one is my absolute favorite! It. smells so good, and I can go up to five days without washing my hair. The spread easily brushes out, and their is no white streaks. Leaves your hair feeling clean without feeling like hay. It also is very affordable.

Pros: Affordable, great smelling, long between wash time, minimal residue.

Cons: Bottle runs of quickly

2. Dove Beauty Refresh + Care Volume & Fullness Dry Shampoo 

4.39 at Target.com

This used to be my favorite dry shampoo until I fell in love with number one. The smell is light, and not overpowering, and leaves your hair looking fresh. It also lasts a while, I could usually get away with between four and five days.

Pros: Has a long between wash time, light smell, affordable

Cons: Takes a while to brush out the residue

3. TRESemme Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo

Price varies by store at Target.com

This one works okay. It does not have that strong of a scent. It is good for freshening up between the gym and class, or when you passed out the previous night. It is good to use when you have bangs to get rid of that afternoon oil.

Pros: Good for quick fixes, minimal residue

Cons: Not very long lasting

4. TIGI Bed Head Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo

12.39 at Target.com

This was my go to when I was a blonde. However now that I have darker hair you can see the white spray, and residue. On the plus side if you have blonde hair you can practically go weeks without washing your hair.

Pros: Good for blondes, long in between wash time

Cons: Stiff, shows up on dark hair, expensive

5. Batiste Hint of Color - Divine Dark Dry Shampoo

6.39 at Target.com

So I have not personally used this, but when coming up with ideas for this list my friend recommended this to me. She is naturally a dirty blond but likes to dye her hair a dark brown. This dry shampoo offers a little bit of coverage for roots. But, DO NOT USE THIS if you have blonde hair.

6. CHI Dry Shampoo

15.99 at Target.com

Overall it is pretty average. For the price point, it doesn't work for true dry shampoo enthusiast that goes days without washing their hair. It smells and feels like hairspray.

Pros: Good for thin hair, mild smell.

Cons: High price point, little lasting power, hairspray smell.

7. Batiste Clean & Classic Original Dry Shampoo

7.99 at Target.com

I have only used this one once or twice, but it is pretty average. It does what it is supposed to. It is not super long lasting, but it wasn't streaky.

Pros: Mid-priced, not streaks, smells floral, vegan friendly

Cons: Average, not super long lasting

9. Herbal Essence Naked Dry Shampoo- Travel Size 

2.50 at Target.com

I keep this one in my purse. It is very compact, and thus is affordable. It's especially good for summer to help get rid of the scalp line sweat.

Pros: Small, affordable, good for quick fixes

Cons: Not super long lasting

10. Sun Bum Beach Formula Cleansing & Nourishing Dry Shampoo

14.99 at Target.com

This is one of the highest rated dry shampoos. For me, it did not work. It came out patchy, and I could not get the residue to go away and it did barely anything with my day two hair.

Pros: Smells nice

Cons: Expensive, streaky, dry, expensive