11 Drink Pairings For Every Oreo Flavor

11 Drink Pairings For Every Oreo Flavor

The "grown up" version of milk and cookies.

2982
11 Drink Pairings For Every Oreo Flavor
Flickr

As college students we're all in that strange in-between period in our lives when we have tons of adult freedom, while still often feeling like kids. On the one hand we now have no curfew and do our own laundry...but on the other hand we're still sleeping in till 12 on Tuesdays and eating Bagel Bites or Mac & Cheese for dinner 4 nights a week.

So what better way to celebrate the growing-up phase of our undergrad years than by combining one of the best nostalgic childhood treat (Oreo cookies) with one of the best perks of legal adulthood (drinking alcohol). I've compiled a list of the

Disclaimer: Oreo/Nabisco no way sponsored me to write this post, I just have a lot of very strong cookie-related opinions.

1. Apple Pie Oreos and Hard Cider

Homemade apple pie and crisp, cold apple cider are two of the best treats Autumn has to offer. So what better way to get in the Fall spirit by cracking open a bottle of hard cider and trying out the newest Oreo flavor, Apple Pie, which only just became available in stores this September!

2. Pumpkin Spice Oreos and Fireball

Speaking of classic fall treats, nothing can top pumpkin spice. That's why it's no surprise that Oreo decided to get in on the pumpkin spice obsession with their own seasonal cookie version! The spicy cinnamon kick of a fireball shot enhances the Graham cracker flavor of the Oreo wafer while managing to not overpower the sweetness of the pumpkin pie cream filling.

3. Candy Cane Oreos and Spiked Egg Nog

Continuing with the theme of festive Oreo flavors, these bright red striped Candy Cane Oreos that show up on shelves every holiday season are almost as good as your Aunt's homemade Christmas cookies, and taste even better dunked in a tall glass of spiked Egg Nog.

4. Cinnamon Bun Oreos and Bailey's Irish Cream

In my opinion, the Cinnamon Bun Oreos which are one of the greatest things to come out of Oeros specialty lines, somehow managing to invoke that same mouthwatering sweetness of a freshly baked Cinnabon inside a tiny, snack wrapped package. The decadent creaminess of these Oreos can only be enhanced by everyone's favorite dessert spirit, Bailey's Irish Cream. Whether you take your Bailey's cold over ice or mix into hot chocolate, you can't go wrong with this tasty combo!

Sadly, it seems Cinnamon Oreos, have gone back into the vault for now, but they can still be found in a handful of retailers and are also available for order on Amazon. Trust me, this is one treat that's worth the extra effort

5. Dunkin' Donuts Mocha Oreos and Espresso Vodka

When Dunkin' Donuts teamed up with Oreos earlier this year to release these special addition Chocolate Mocha flavored cookies it seemed like a match made in heaven for every coffee junkie with a sweet tooth.

And speaking of delicious caffeine combinations...trade in your morning lattè for a late-night treat by serving a few of the Mocha Oreos with a frothy espresso martini, topped with a signature espresso bean.

America may run on Dunkin' but frat parties run on Smirnoff...

6. Birthday Cake Oreos and Whipped Cream Vodka

Looking for a fun and easy to treat to bring to a 21st birthday bash? Celebrate like a champion by tearing open a package of these confetti covered Birthday Cake Oreos and bringing a bottle of whipped cream flavored vodka to use as a mixer for all of those fun milkshake cocktail recipes you've been dying to try out!

7. Lemon Oreo Thins and White Wine

The fruity sweetness of the lemon filling and the airiness of the thin, vanilla cookie, is best complimented by a chilled glass of your favorite Pinot Grigio. Perfect for a summer evening spent drinking out on the patio, popping a few bottles, and catching up with your girls.

8. Toasted Coconut Oreos and Malibu Caribbean Rum

Like Piña Coladas, getting lost in the rain, and desserts that combine creamy vanilla wafters and coconut filling? Taste the tropics with a frothy Malibu cocktail and a package of Toasted Coconut Oreos.

9. Watermelon Oreos and Mike's Hard Lemonade/Wine Coolers

Honestly, if you are the type of person who buys a package of watermelon-flavored oreos, you are definitely also the type of person whose mini fridge is currently full of a multi-pack of fruit flavored wine coolers.

10. Chocolate Creme Oreos and Red Wine

A pairing for those who love indulging in the finer things in life. If a rich glass of red wine is your go-to way to unwind at the end of the night, you'll love the luxurious double chocolate experience of Chocolate Creme filled Oreos.

11. Classic Oreos...and Milk.

Not even the best buzz in the world can compete with this iconic duo.