3 Pants Styles and How to Wear Them

3 Pants Styles and How to Wear Them

No dress, no mess. These looks will make you feel amazing!

15
3 Pants Styles and How to Wear Them
pexels.com

Hello again, lovelies! In my last fashion article we talked about some basics of putting a cute outfit together. It focused on winter texture, color, and statement prints. Now, building on those basic ideas I want to talk about another facet of winter style: Pants! I'm personally an avid dress-wearer. I haven't worn jeans or trousers in months (and no leggings don't count in this instance).

However, some people aren't comfortable with wearing dresses and skirts which is perfectly fine. If you're one of those people or you're just looking to further expand your wardrobe I'm here to inspire and help you do just that.

Have Your Voice Heard: Become an Odyssey Creator

1. The Vintage

With bold pops of red, a classic wide leg pant, and funky bag, this ensemble is made for both the office and after hours. The high waist is flattering, as is the wide leg, not to mention this style is comfortable and feminine. Here you see the pants in navy blue with a white button-down, but you should always mix and match your outfits to your liking! This look is simple but will make you feel strong and look put together.

*A very literal interpretation of a vintage shoe. This is just my personal preference for this look. You could also try your favorite heels or even your go-to flats. To make this look a bit more sleek and modern I'd suggest a pointed toe.

*As is the bag that I've included to add drama to the look. You obviously don't have to go all out with this Betsey Johnson bag but I would suggest including this cool mint color in your outfit because it's so great.

*Top off the look with vintage style sunglasses.

2. The Modern

This look is less classically feminine and more modern-cool. It's sleek silhouette is perfect for both the office and a day/night out. Under the blazer there's a comfy t-shirt rather than a classic blouse which adds to the outfits overall cool vibe. You can tuck it in, half tuck, or tie it depending on how you like it. I've given this outfit more of a spring leaning but, as always, you can use whatever colors and accessories you want. Given that it's only January, you can use whatever winter pieces you've been using all season.

*Fitted black trousers can easily be substituted for your favorite jeans. You can also cuff the ankle for an even breezier look.

*The cobalt blue shoe and nail polish give an unexpected by vibrant pop of color.

*When you're playing a lot with bold colors, delicate pieces of jewelry are best, like this ring and the daisy earrings.

3. The Punk

This is an edgier look. Sort of a punk-who-also-has-to pay-their-rent-with-a-day-job ensemble but it's perfect for after-hours anarchy, too. Okay, so most actual punks probably wouldn't say this was a punk look, but it will make you feel like a rockstar, nonetheless. With a loose, flowing top, form fitting faux leather pants, and cropped blazer, this will look good on everybody! And accessories really take this outfit to a new level because the pallet is so basic (in a good way). You can work a little more freely when adding jewelry and choosing accent pieces.

*Button the top button and leave this long tunic untucked for a laid-back style that's also professional.

*Wear a statement necklace under your collar kind of like a tie.

*Don't be afraid to try dark lipstick to really add a strong vampy vibe.

When shopping, try stores like Express, H&M, ASOS, Loft, Ann Taylor, and Modcloth to find the perfect pieces. They can be a little pricey but a lot of what you buy can be mixed and matched within your wardrobe to make it worthwhile. For those looking to deviate from any sort of traditional feminine looks but still wanting to feel stylish and put together there definitely are options. You can find looks similar to the ones above tailored to fit Trans and gender nonconforming persons at stores like VEEA and Sharpe Suiting. Their clothes are made for people who don't want to be confined to wearing either men's or women's' labeled attire. Their pieces are specifically tailored for a fit that makes you feel comfortable and helps you present yourself as the best possible you! Check out DapperQ for even more shopping options and Remember to have fun with your clothes. Wear whatever you want and forget the rest!