Make the (Whole) Season Bright

Make the (Whole) Season Bright

Make every outfit come alive all winter long!

8
Make the (Whole) Season Bright
pexels.com

So, Christmas is over. Festive winter attire heads back into the forgotten edges of the closet while you impatiently wait for the warmer months to come again. Once the holidays are over a lot of people trade in their more colorful winter items in favor of a much drabber color pallet. But here's the thing: Just because all the holiday parties are over, doesn't mean you can't still make every cold-weather outfit pop and sparkle. There are facets of winter fashion that you can rock even after the tree is down and the new year has been rung in. Why settle for a boring sweater when you can spice things up with a fun new statement piece? Put those gift cards and Christmas checks to good use this year and enhance your winter wardrobe. Add texture- billowing fabrics and supple furs (faux, of course!)- for unique touches to your everyday ensemble. Dark, rich jewel tones that illicit feelings of grandeur and regality. And don't be afraid to throw flirty patterns into the mix. Take a look at these 3 outfits for inspiration so you can be sure that you'll look put-together and stylish all season long!

1. Texture

First, let's look at texture. This tulle skirt is the focal point of this outfit. Because of the fullness of the skirt, and the layers, try not to go overboard with accessories. Though, don't be afraid to play with them a bit, either. Finish the look off with a classic and classy peacoat. Keep in mind that this is just an example, there's no reason you have to break the bank in order to look amazing.

2. Color

We all have days where we want to look like a million bucks but only put in minimum effort. Have no fear! There's no need to sacrifice style for comfort and vice versa no matter what your mood or schedule! This is something a little simpler but with just as much flare. You don't have to go crazy with color to make a statement with it. And because this look is so simple you can feel free to add on a few extra accessories. Distressed jeans are very easy-breezy, cardigans are cozy, and no one can complain about a comfy tunic-tee.

3. Prints

Lastly, we'll explore prints! It's something people tend to be afraid of though they're actually pretty easy. Prints are for everyone! Even plus-size women shouldn't be nervous when navigating the wide world of prints. Pretty much every thing I own has a print on it and I wear a 3X. They're just fun! You don't have to be scared. And one of the best parts about prints this season are the copious amounts of space themed pieces we've seen some on the scene. Because the prints make such a statement they're a great way to look like you've put a lot into your look without having to think that much about it. The print does most of the work so keep the jewelry and accessories to a minimum.

Achieving these looks is simple and you can do it without going overboard on the price. Checkout sites like Modcloth, Belk, H&M, American Eagle, even Target and Amazon can help you find what you're looking for. Just have fun and don't be afraid to branch out with your wardrobe. Wear what makes you happy and don't worry about anyone else!

Happy New Year, Lovelies!