Sorry I Don't Always Want To Go Out On My Off Days

Sorry That I Don't Always Want To Go Out On My Off Days

Off day? What is this off day you speak of?

26
https://unsplash.com/photos/5L4XAgMSno0

Off days have sort of become a relative term that largely means something that doesn't exist to me. Think of my off days as unicorns or free guacamole. They just don't exist because during this time of year. I am constantly cramming for a test, reading for a class, and maybe having a mental breakdown (or five).

So, when the legendary off day comes around, there is really only a few things I am willing to do and most of them involve my bed and maybe an episode or ten of Friends. I slip into my hermit hovel and I don't crawl out until I am forced to return back to reality.

If you ask me to hang out on my off day and I say no, please don't argue with me. Please don't make me feel bad and please, please, don't try to change my mind because honestly: 1. You will not change my mind, I promise you. 2. I am barely surviving on the three hours of sleep I got last night and the constant mountain of homework I have. 3. And you should respect my need for rest.

I am exhausted. I truly am, and I am not just saying that, so you'll go, "aww, take it easy babe". I'm saying that so the next time I am magically not scheduled for an eight-hour shift or a study session that lasts all day and through the night, don't automatically assume I'm going to be down to give up my free night to spend my remaining energy socializing when all I want to do is sleep.

And please don't be offended.

I don't want to hurt your feelings and I don't want to come off as bitchy or rude. I just need rest and time to come a few steps down the lunatic ladder and take a few deep breaths because trust me, without those off days, I would resemble a mad woman who is one step away from being locked up in a padded room. My schedule is crazy and the amount of energy I am putting into everything is beyond anything I have ever experienced before.

So, friends, family, coworkers: if I say no to your amazing company and time, I still love you. I'm just completely and utterly exhausted.

Send fuzzy blankets, takeout food, and encouraging thoughts because while I am sleeping that off day away, I will one hundred percent appreciate that you let me recharge and take time out of my crazy schedule for myself and my health.

You're amazing.