16 One-Liners I Promise Your Friend With Anxiety Is Utterly Exhausted Of Hearing

"Get over it." Gee, thanks, you cured me.

626

Everyone with anxiety, depression, etc. knows these phrases all too well and quite honestly, it's all insulting.

You don't tell someone with asthma to "just breathe" or someone who is sick to "just get better", so why is mental illness treated differently? Whether you know someone who is struggling or not, PLEASE stay away from these phrases.

For all things good, stay away from them.

Just snap out of it.

Is there really ANYONE out there that thinks this fixes anything?

You need to get out more.

Sometimes it is physically impossible to get out of bed, let alone get out of the house.

It's all in your head

Yes, it is. Thanks for pointing that out.

But you have nothing to worry about.

Which makes me worry even more. Clearly something bad is going to happen. You don't have to remind me.

Stop complaining all the time

I am literally just trying to get help. You don't tell someone with a broken leg to stop saying that it hurts.

I always knew you had a problem

Lol, thanks for making me feel even worse about myself.

There isn't even anything wrong with you.

You're right. I just like breaking out in hives and hyperventalating. It is just THAT much fun.

Stop looking for attention

That is actually the absolute last thing I want. Keep me in the shadows.

You don't look nervous or depressed.

Want me to wear a neon sign?

Approach with caution, contains anxiety.

You just sound like your crazy

Really? REALLY?????

You need to stop feeling sorry for yourself.

That's not the case. Like, I am just unhappy no matter what.

No one fair life was fair.

No, no one ever did. Never said that was the case, but thanks for the reminder.

You're always so negative

I try being positive and then I convince myself that it's all going to crash and burn. I wish it was different.

It's your own fault.

Yeah, and it's all my fault that animals are dying, the world is burning and you didn't get that puppy when you were 12.

Things aren't that bad.

Tell that to the little voices in my head.

Things could be worse.

Yeah... And they could be a hell of a lot better, too, Karen.

Coming from someone who hears this crap literally daily from friends and family, STOP. It is so disrespectful and hurtful that you see how I feel so poorly when most of you don't even understand it.