I Don’t Need A Fancy Vacation To Have A Good Spring Break

Catch me at home, chilling and sleeping.
82

It’s spring break season, honestly, it’s the entire month of March. I love spring break! It’s perfect for forgetting about the struggles of school and class work, which seems to be continuously piling up.

The one thing that I do notice every year, however, is that it seems more like a competition to prove who is having a more extravagant vacation than everyone else.

I love that so many people have really great plans for the week. Most head to various beaches while some go international and some head to colder climates.

That’s great.

But since when has it becomes such a big thing to prove you had the best vacation? My social media throughout the spring break season overflows with sunny pictures and perfectly posed portraits all with almost too similar captions.

It’s kind of overwhelming to someone who isn’t going on an expensive vacation. I’m more than happy to go home, see my family and the friends I haven’t seen in a while and just take the week to actually relax.

I didn’t feel like I needed to prove I was on spring break by going on a crazy adventure.

Everyone deserves to have the spring break they want to have. It’s a well-earned vacation for hard-working students who just need a break.

Any place spring breakers go is a vacation for them. People just have different ideas for what they want their spring break to be. I’m not having any less of a spring break just because I want to go home rather than to the beach.

Some people were surprised when I told them my plans. Why is it surprising that I’m going home?

To me, spring break isn’t just about crazy, wild spring break trips. Honestly, I sleep most of my spring break trip.

I see my friends and catch up with family and people back home. No big plans other than small day trips. But to me, it’s all I want to do.

Just because I’m not spending loads of money on a beach house with other people doesn’t mean I’m having any less of a spring break than anyone else.

I couldn’t be more excited about my vacation, just like everyone should be for theirs as well, no matter what the plans are. Sring break is, after all, just an escape from torturous schoolwork and grades. So enjoy your break (safely) and rest up before going back to school!