Don't Fear Change, It Happens For A Reason

Embrace change every step of the way.

4
Woman watching the sunset
Photo by Anatol Lem on Unsplash

I've never been afraid of change, but I haven't always embraced it either.

Change isn't something to be feared, but it's understandable as to why it is. Change is inevitable, and often times we view things that are inevitable as scary, because we don't know when, where or why something is going to happen, we just know that it is.

Change brings uncertainty, with it's endless possibilities, but if we didn't change we wouldn't grow.

Change allows us to see things differently, usually for the better.

When we were children we thought, spoke and acted like children. If we didn't change we would still be acting like children, so it's no surprise that children, or those that still act like children, reprimand change.

Have you ever had a friend that made you feel bad about "changing?"

Have you ever made someone feel bad because they "changed?"

Change can be unsettling, but it isn't inherently bad, don't let someone convince you that it is, and don't convince others to stunt their growth because you're growing slower than they are.

Change makes us vulnerable, because when we change we acknowledge that we still have so many things to learn, and we're working towards learning them.

New experiences make us humble. Going through something new or difficult helps us grow internally and forces us to work on ourselves.

Change makes us stronger.

It gives us power and strength knowing that we went through something so hard, and we survived. If we survived that, what else can we survive?

Change often brings hardships, but it also serves to remind us of how much we have.

Change makes us grateful.

Change can make us do some pretty awesome things, things that our younger selves couldn't have even imagined.

Don't fear the changes that come, embrace them.