9 Reasons Not To Eat A Ketogenic Diet
popular

9 Reasons Not To Eat A Ketogenic Diet

What's life without bread?

1621
9 Reasons Not To Eat A Ketogenic Diet
Brooke Lark

I've been eating keto for the last two months. For those of you who are unfamiliar with a ketogenic diet, it is a high-fat, low-carb diet with moderate protein. Essentially, no carbs, sugars or starches. Yes, this means no bread, pasta, fruit or potatoes.

But I mean, what's life without bread? So why go keto, right?

Well, let me tell you. This diet tastes good and makes you feel good. The audacity. I can't believe thousands of people swear by this diet. Why would you ever, in a million years, want to go keto?!

1. You're going to get to eat delicious food...

I can eat all the bacon, eggs, peanut butter and cheese that I want. Steak dinner? Heck yes! It sure is tough having to eat all of this great food.

2. ...And you'll lose weight doing it.

"Ugh, it's so annoying to lose weight on this diet," said no one ever. You can eat your saltine crackers, but I'll be over here adding butter to all my vegetables...darn.

3. Food will keep you fuller longer.

I can go hours without even thinking about food because I'm rarely hungry. When I am, a small snack can fill me back up again. Give me a piece of cheese for like, six hours and I'm good. #Winning

4. You'll actually save money.

Keto food isn't expensive if you do it right. Clean meats, veggies, nuts, oils and dairy products can be found at any supermarket. Gone are the days of spending five bucks on a loaf of bread that will be forgotten in the pantry and grow moldy.

5. You'll have more energy.

Being on the keto diet is like being a car that never runs out of gas. What a drag, right?

6. You'll actually pay attention to what you're putting into your body.

No one wants to think about what they're actually eating, but you have to when you're keto. I will never be able to look at Swiss Rolls the same way.

7. It will naturally heal your body.

Lots of people go keto so their hormones will reset and become more balanced. Why pay for birth control pills when you can let your body heal itself?

8. You will better the lives of people around you.

Going keto and knowing how good it makes you feel just makes you want to share your secret with the world. Gross, happy people.

In case you didn't pick up on it by now: this entire article is sarcasm. Choosing to try the keto diet is one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Sure, I miss bread, but there are so many recipes that try to emulate those familiar, carb-heavy foods that I don't even miss them.

I still get to eat amazing food and lose weight and my hormones are balancing naturally.

If you're considering keto, do your research and ease yourself into it. Nothing tastes as good as keto feels.