You Are What You Eat, So Make Sure You Are Eating Right In Order To Be Healthy

Don't diet, just educate yourself on easy ways that you can live healthier this summer

168
Instagram- @BestofVegan

1. Read the ingredients list

You would be surprised what ingredients are hiding in most food products found in pantries across the nation. It is time for shoppers to read ingredient lists and nutrition facts before making the decision to buy certain foods. Most everything that is advertised on television is unhealthy.

Frozen pizza, cereals, potato chips, and more are all made with ingredients that hold no nutritional value and actually hurt your health the more you eat them. My theory is that people have become brainwashed to a degree because they have stopped from caring about what they put in their body. You are what you eat!

2. Buy organic ingredients

Organic ingredients refrain from using harmful chemicals to prolong shelf life. There are multiple organizations that promote organic ingredients and make it easier for grocery shoppers to spot organic foods.

Organizations like USDA and the non-GMO Project. The non-GMO project certification stamp tells us that some ingredients are organic while the USDA Organic stamp tells the shopper that every ingredient is certified organic.

3. Stop drinking soft drinks

There are many people in the world who still drink soda. Soda is a carbonated soft drink that has zero health benefits. From what I observe, people become somewhat addicted to soft drinks. They begin to drink it more than once throughout the day because whenever their body needs replenishing, they turn to a drink that replenishes nothing, leaving them to want more.

"Moderation" is a word that I hear thrown around often when talking about unhealthy eating habits. In my opinion, you shouldn't do anything unhealthy in moderation, no matter how small of an act it may seem, it has major effects on your overall well being. Put down the soft drink and pick up the water instead, you will not regret it.

4. Eat more veggies

As children, we all can remember our parents expressing how important it was for us to "eat our veggies". They weren't wrong. Eating vegetables is an important part of living well. Plants contain many nutritional benefits. Plants also have the protein that is in meat, so eating plants actually cut out the middleman for obtaining the beloved protein meat eaters crave.

There are zero reasons to resist eating vegetables with every meal and more often throughout the day. The strongest animals on the planet are plant eaters like rhinos, gorillas, and elephants. Natural ingredients from the Earth are essential to being healthy.