Don't Blame The App, Blame The Immature People Using It

This is to every parent who has told me to stop using social media, because the boogy man will hunt me down.

48

Technology has definitely advanced in the past couple of years. So much so that it is a major part of our day. It seems like every day there are new apps in the app store. Social media ones, especially.

On these apps are functions our parents never thought were possible. Examples would be ways to check our location and figure out where we sleep at night. Scary right? Not if you use social media the safe way. There are ways to prevent these things from happening, and your kid is ruining it for us all.

Yes, Linda, you heard me right. There are ways to prevent all these horrifying situations from ever occurring. Literally, all you have to do is google "safe way to use-" (insert app name). The flip of a button will hide your kid's location and your bank information from the developers.

Do you think your kid is spending too much time on the said app? That's a talk between your kid and yourself. Don't go around preaching about how the app is killing our brain cells and how the future population is doomed, please. Unlike some, I spend a reasonable amount of time on my phone. I'd like to think I'm pretty smart about it, as well. I don't give out personal information, I can spot a "catfish" pretty quick, and I use common sense.

The next time you give your kid a hard time about using certain apps, what apps do you use Linda? There's a pretty good chance you have some news outlet apps, which probably gives out clickbait news. Ever seen a headline like "Melania Trump Kidnapped By ISIS"? If so, there's a pretty good chance you should delete that app, ma'am.

Instead of giving me a hard time about using Snapchat or Kik, go talk to your own kid first.