Religion Is No Longer Apart Of My Life

Religion Is No Longer Apart Of My Life

I do not assume any justification on who is right or wrong and I do not discriminate between beliefs as I was raised to, mainly because having grown up around all different belief systems and ideals

Akoma52
Akoma52
95

I believe and have faith in something greater than myself. I just do not give it a name beside the Universe, the Creator, a Higher Power, or the Source. I am more spiritual but have more so of a cocktail of beliefs from different beliefs I've learned and experienced. I do not assume any justification on who is right or wrong and I do not discriminate between beliefs as I was raised to, mainly because having grown up around all different belief systems and ideals. I have grown to realize that everyone agrees on the same things: love everyone unconditionally, remove those things that do not serve you, have faith in the source and just be a good fucking person!

At the end of the day, when the shit hits the fan and the world flips on its stomach, everyone will be praying anyway- FOR THE SAME OUTCOME! Even those who do not believe prayer of any kind works, they're gonna be like "please let this end!" To whom they're speaking- everyone has a name for it or a face or image they go to, or even carry with them. Every belief has a physical manifestation of whom they're speaking to- built up from having faith and love.

Guess what? I don't. I do not give the source a face because I believe the source is whatever I want it to be in the moment I need. And I am content with not having anyone image but many. I was raised to see a nigga with holes in his hands and feet spewing with humanitarianism but I changed to see a black woman full breasted, the color of caramel, and fruitful in every way then my image became like stars and energy waves flowing in nature...now I just am.

And this all teaches me to respect other beliefs both spiritual and religious. I understand growing up Baptist that Christians can only do what they've been taught is all they can do- "do what you can until you can't thanklessly then let go, let God, and pray." "Imma pray for you/Can I pray for you?" But plot twist... every belief does the same thing. The only differences are how prayer and worship are presented and executed. I'm just like meh, why trip? Why reject other beliefs because and only because I do not believe the same? I personally take the time to hear and give those with different beliefs to share with me. I would much rather give a safe space, or safer space, to share.

And with this, I do not take in with intent to convert or challenge but why keep someone from exercising what they've been taught, or attempt to change what they trust and believe as their own personal truth. I never understood how people can be that blinded and unsympathetic towards others. And for what? What does it prove to tell someone their beliefs are wrong? Why are their beliefs wrong and yours are not? I never understood this about religion in general.

I feel it is wrong to try to convert without consent. If I am not asking you to help me believe what you believe, please do not try and make me or tell me I "need to" or "should" or stop me from converting because "it isn't right". Who are you to judge someone else's decisions about what they believe? Why is that your business? If it does not affect you directly, shut the fuck up! And this is not a slight against Christians, nor Muslims nor Jews nor Buddhists nor any other religion or spiritual belief- no.

This is what I believe about religion, and why it is unimportant to me to force others or scare people into the same bind.

The root of religion is a Latin word Religare which means to bind. Why would I desire to confine my thoughts, my actions, myself to one belief? Why should I try when it doesn't make sense to. How am I supposed to find comfort in something or someone because someone else told me that is what I should do? Do I not have a choice in the matter? My parents would say no and that it is my duty as a "good Christian" to abide by the laws God set in place (which is not a fact...I can read) and spread to other people the "good word". Now, what does frustrate me is that there is written evidence of the spread of Christianity causing the total demise of entire civilizations- whole nations, including my own ancestors- and I know those who choose to be ignorant to that fact.

No, this is not something I would ever want to believe in, put my trust and faith in, or ever spread around. I do not see good in religion. I see good in people who act and are decent fucking people who allow themselves to sit back and not control other people and prevent them from also being decent fucking people. But that is also a choice.

Everything in life is a choice. The only thing that isn't is existing. Living and breathing- you. are. here. Live your life and let go. Be free. I do not see the point in confining to one belief when there are so many that all say the same things as yours. I do not like that life has been brought to us as a factor that needs control in every aspect. Life continues with or without you. Why try to control what just is? I make and made MY choice to not confine my mind and body to one belief. That's idiotic and frankly lazy in my mind.

However, I do know people who do believe in one belief and are not closed minded to the idea of sharing beliefs across the board. For example, they believe in Christianity but not all of it. Instead, they stem their belief system from teachings in the Quran, and maybe a more Eastern belief, while also practicing shamanistic rituals. And they are decent fucking people who live their life. Questions are asked with an open mind and they're answered without conflict of interests. This is how one grows and gains a wealth of knowledge. Sharing ideas and flowing freely between them is how communication and love and how to simply be a decent fucking person.

STOP CONTROLLING SHIT!