To The Girl Who Is Finally Determined To Lose The Freshman 15, It Will Happen For You

Life is to short to be miserable.

231

A few months ago I wrote an article about gaining more than the freshman 15.

In the article, I talk about my struggle with weight gain and the effect this had on my mental state. In that article, I stated that I had to love myself enough to try to get healthier. I thought I was determined to lose weight when I wrote that article but turns out I had to hate myself a little bit longer before I actually made a change.

I got to the point where I was absolutely disgusted and depressed and cried all the time.

I didn't think it could get worse until I got to that point. I decided to seek medical help and this was a great decision. My doctor prescribed me an appetite suppressant and told me to follow a clean diet and stay away from carbs as much as possible. Carbs are my absolute weakness, so I decided to keep myself from feeling like I couldn't eat anything I like that I would start drinking protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and then having a healthy portion of things I would normally eat for dinner. So instead of not eating the pasta at all, I would just eat half of what I used to eat.

When I left that doctors office I was determined to make a change in my life.

Since that first appointment 2 months ago I have lost 27 pounds.

Clothes that I have not worn in a long time are starting to fit. I can see a difference in my body. I am not where I want to be and still have a long journey ahead of me but I am making progress and it is awesome! My whole outlook has changed. I no longer view food as comfort but as fuel. My new game plan is to start cutting out carbs because I know I won't feel deprived. I will feel accomplished. It's mind over matter and it's self-love.

My point is don't continue to be miserable.

If a trip to your doctor is what it takes then by all means go. Life's to short to feel miserable in your own skin so make the change. Set a goal and put every ounce of effort you have into achieving that goal. It will get easier, just keep going.