Looking At The Man In The Moon

Looking At The Man In The Moon

Or just the longest partial lunar eclipse in over 500 years.

20
Looking At The Man In The Moon

On November 19th, 2021, all of North America were able to see the longest partial lunar eclipse in a millennium. According to NASA, the eclipse lasted for 3 hours and 28 minutes, making it the longest partial eclipse in almost 600 years.

This eclipse is considered a "deep partial eclipse" which means that the earth's shadow covered 97% of the moon's diameter. With only 3% of the moon uncovered, the eclipse falls very shy of being a total eclipse.The eclipse was best visible around 4:03 am eastern standard time, and lucky for those who were able to watch, a lunar eclipse is safe to the naked eye, unlike a solar eclipse.
While North America had the best location to view the eclipse, NASA says that parts of South America, Polynesia, eastern Australia, and northeastern Asia were also able to enjoy the eclipse.

This moon made for some great photo ops but moons also control our emotional selves, so this could affect those with certain astrological signs more. Lunar eclipses are pretty much wildcards in terms of astrology, and if you are a Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, or Aquarius, you may want to watch out.A lunar eclipse will speed up change and can cause sudden breakthroughs or endings. So this is definitely not all bad news. Sometimes what we need is an ending to bring in a fresh start.

On December 4th, we will see our next eclipse, a total solar eclipse. This eclipse will be affecting those with Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces most significantly. These signs may be overwhelmed with the healing nature of this moon.

If you missed the lunar eclipse, don't worry. While it was the longest one in the past 600 years and predicted that one won't be longer for another century, there is another eclipse coming to pay attention to.