Dogs Are Absolutely Better Than People And Don’t Let Anyone Try To Tell You Otherwise

Your happiness makes them happy and they don't expect anything in return, we truly don't deserve dogs.

125
Kylie Hofmeister

There’s a reason dogs are called “man’s best friend." If you’re a dog owner, you’re probably fully aware of just how awesome dogs are. They fill your life with love, loyalty and so much joy for the simplest things. There are so many reasons why everyone should own a dog, there have even been studies from the American Heart Association on the positive effects of owning dogs on our health! I mean, if you don’t want to be healthy or happy I guess you can just go back home to your cat.

Here's a list of 10 reasons why dogs are the superior species of this earth and should be treated as such.

1. There’s no better greeting than that of a dog

You won’t ever meet a person who screams of happiness, jumping up and down out of pure elation that you are in their presence. No matter if you were gone for five minutes or hours, they are just that happy to see you.

2. They will always cheer you up

Their presence alone is enough to make you smile. They know when you've had a bad day, and they'll do anything to make you happy again. Mine always brings me his favorite stuffed crocodile (it's the thought that counts right?)

3. They love to eat as much as you do

Dogs won't judge you.

4. They are always down for an adventure

Just try to name a better hiking buddy. People always butt heads, and can never decide where to go or what to do. Dogs will do literally anything and they'll do it with enthusiasm.

5. They keep you active

6. But they are also always down to be lazy and cuddle at any time

Name a more perfect day that laying on the couch with your dog watching TV. That's right, it doesn't exist.

7. They help you clean up

We call him the vacuum cleaner at our house. Don't even worry about cleaning up all that food you dropped on the floor, it's already gone.

8. They help you make new friends

There's no better way to bond with people than over your love for your dogs. Join a walking group, make puppy play-dates, your dogs love to be social and it's the perfect opportunity for you to make some friends too!

9. They make a great wingman

Chicks dig puppies. It's a known fact. You know if a guy is holding a puppy I'm 100000x more interested.

10. They will always love you

People come and go but dogs are forever. No matter what you do, they will always be your #1 fan.