The Blessings Of Having A Dog Like Mine And How It Made Me A Better Person

To My Nola-Bug, The Greatest Joy A Human Could Ever Ask For

144

Animals, big and small, have been around for years and years longer than humans have. They are all undeniably essential to nature. And even so, we have domesticated many and made them companions for ourselves. Since these actions, they have become some of our one and only blessings, saviors that share an emotional connection that lasts a lifetime and then some. I have had the honor of having several animal companions throughout my life, in many forms. Dogs, cats, rats, a hamster, and many more. But none have ever given me the connection and happiness, that naturally emits from them, how Nola has.

In all honesty, she's my pride and joy.

She was rescued from a gas station in Hinesville, GA when a passerby saw her, sitting alone by herself, much too young to be without her mother. Animal control had taken all of her siblings but somehow missed her. My family happily took her in and gifted her to me. She brought happiness back into my life after the recent death of my beautiful cat, Puddin'... May he rest in peace.

It's as if, even at her young age, she knew I needed what she could give. She has given and taught me so very much. While she was growing up, she taught me about responsibility. I fed her daily, took her out when she needed, played with her, kennel trained her, bathed her weekly. I taught her right from wrong while she taught me patience.

But she also showed me unconditional love.

Nola, still to this day, is loving as any being could ever be. She cuddles me when nights are long and cold or when life seems dim and difficulties have shown their worst side. She shares my emotion. She shows the utmost amount of excitement when she sees me, letting me know I have done her right as being her human.

She is the happiest pup I have ever seen, with constant tail wagging and literally smiling with immense happiness. Nola brings all of those around her the best amount of positive energy anyone could ever handle. She has been the greatest joy any human could ever ask for.

I miss her greatly though.

I now live two hours away and soon it will be more. Every day I wish I had her with me, enjoying the college experience. On the occasion that I get to see her, I soak her up. All of her. I don't miss a moment of cuddles. I play with her when I see the yearning for it. I know she is no longer the tiny puppy that could fit on my thighs, but she will always be my baby Nola to me. Soon enough I will have her with me consistently again. And those will be the best days, for me and for her.