Does Moving Home Make Me a Failure?

Does Moving Home Make Me a Failure?

We always picture this perfect life we will lead after college, but it doesn't always turn out that way.

10
Does Moving Home Make Me a Failure?
https://www.pexels.com/photo/home-real-estate-106399/

Moving home after college can be a hard pill to swallow. It's never where you plan to go back to. It's never your first choice. All of that doesn't mean it isn't a smart one though! I remind myself of this each day. Throughout our four years we always dream of what life is going to be like after college. We dream of finding our perfect apartment in a new and exciting city where we landed the job of our dreams.

I quickly realized this would not be my case early into my senior year of college. The more I explored and looked into my post-graduate plans, I started doing the math. The reality was it was in no way fees-able. How am I expected to pay ridiculous monthly student loan payments AND rent just coming right out of college with nothing in my bank account? In no way could I pull that off.

It wasn't easy to see my dreams fade away. It felt like I was a failure for having to move home. All I cared about was what others were going to think about me. It truly took a hit to my self confidence. I've always been a go-getter. I've aways set goals and reached them. But this seemed like a step back. Fast forward to now, I am just over a month away from moving home, and I couldn't be more excited.

I have found a wonderful job opportunity to help me save money to put towards following my dreams. I have realized it only matters what I think about my situation. And I think that I am making the best possible decision, especially financially, for myself right now. I haven't been able to enjoy my home in a long time. I can honestly say I am more than ready to return home.

It's not easy accepting a new path when you were so focused on the one you planned before. It might feel like you're failing, but that's the tricky part about change. Once you accept change, you can start to view it in a whole new light.