A Doctor's Opinions On TikTok Skincare Products

Everyday a new TikTok star comes out with a new skincare product or routine. Here is a doctor's opinion on these 4 skincare products.

6
Photo from Good Housekeeping

TikTok over quarantine has been very helpful when it comes to ideas of stuff to do or clothes to wear. However know there is a large community putting out skincare routines and products to use. I decided to research doctors opinions and one doctor covered four different products and routines that are either not worth it or not good for your skin.

1. DIY Coffee Scrub Masks

Photo fro Rosiehope.com

Dr. Shah says that Coffee Scrubs are very damaging to the skin because they can cause micro tears across your skin. This is because when you make coffee scrubs from your own house you aren't able to remove certain chemicals like professionals can. Due to that he says DIY masks are bad that doesn't mean the coffee scrub from Lush is bad. The coffee mask from Lush is a better product to use instead because it has all the bad chemicals removed and it's solely the products you need to be used on your face.

2. Jade Rollers

Photo from Amazon.com

Dr. Shah says that they do nothing for you at all, even though it has been claimed by TikTokers it can be false. These are supposedly don't work even though that are not harmful, they still don't work very well. I personally have used one before and it broke after one push up and my skin felt like it was getting suck when being rolled. Because the rollers aren't very big it doesn't create the circulation that you as a buyer would hope, which creates the false hope by this product.

3. CBD Oil

Photo from Amazon.com

"Over promising" is the word Dr. Shah and many others have used to describe CBD Oil. Due to the fact that this is a newer product there is little to no research about how to use it on your face and when to use it. Dr. Shah claims that because it is newer the producers are over selling it to more people will buy it to create a bigger following. It also is supposedly to be very damaging the pore and your skin in general. So for now don't use it.

4. DIY Ginger Pore Masks

Photo from Pinterest

Just like the DIY Coffee Scrub Masks, this is just as damaging because you are putting a raw substance on your face. Just like the coffee scrub by not taking out certain chemicals it is causing the bad chemicals to create small tears in your skin, which will make your skin worse in the future. Say you by something that has a tad bit of ginger that it okay, but using raw ginger as a pore mask will be very harmful in the end to your skin.