Do This 1 Favor For Yourself

Do This 1 Favor For Yourself

A reminder to slow down in a fast-paced world.

10
Do This 1 Favor For Yourself
Hannah Clements

You're up and going after another night of not enough sleep. You have to get this one thing done by 11 a.m., then another thing is due to be done at 2 p.m. Don't forget about lunch and dinner. Oh, and you have to start working on three other things that have to be done by the end of the week. Exhaustion soon sets in after only thinking about all of these things that have to be done, but you know this feeling all too well.

Time is fleeting. Before you know it, days, months, and years of your life have passed by. Good ones and bad ones. Then, you look back and think "How did time go by so fast?" You fly through your days so you can get everything done that you need to. You can't always lessen your responsibilities, but you can do this one thing to increase the quality of your life.

Do this one favor for yourself: slow down. Slow down enough to realize the beauty that is all around you, and take your life in. Stop and think about your joys instead of what all you have to get done. Find joy in the right now and be thankful for all that you have. Remember the importance of rest, not only for your body but also for your mind.

Life is short and often taken for granted. You can't live your life to the fullest if you are always doing ten different things at once. You can spend a little more time on one thing and do it really well, or do ten things at once really fast and do them poorly. It is better for your brain to focus on one thing at a time. I would say that it's also better for your peace of mind because multi-tasking often leads to confusion and frustration.

So, slow down. Slow down in order to love yourself better and love your life more. It sounds simple, but it may be one of those things that is easier said than done. You may have to work at it and work to get it into your lifestyle, but you won't regret it. It's time that you do something for yourself.