To The Girl Looking For Love, Do Yourself A Favor And Stop

The best things in life are unexpected.

14
Annie Banton

There are many great love stories that began not by searching, but simply by happenstance.

Although most romantic comedies or sappy love stories are highly exaggerated, people meeting by fate is something that happens in real life. Meeting someone in a moment can change one's life forever. This whole concept is a notion that people seem to forget; that the most wonderful things in life are often unexpected.

Technology is such a great thing, if utilized correctly. By this, I am referring to individuals trying to slide into the DM's...no thank you. Call me old school, but if you truly would like to get to know someone, ask to take them on an actual date. Talking is way more fun in person instead of typing your feelings away.

There's certainly a difference between messaging someone in the hopes that you'll be able to take them out on a date, but when you are only messaging someone in the search of happiness, I don't think it'll be as great as you're hoping. You cannot be fulfilled with false hopes and promises from someone you don't know well. There are far better things for you!

I think that living your life creates opportunities to meet new individuals, which could result in meeting the love of your life. I find little hope for people that are constantly searching for love, for their next fling, and for a sense of belonging. Don't you know that you are already beloved?

Trust me on this, stop searching for love, because you are no match for the Lord who determines your steps. He is the only one who knows what your future holds, and I think He creates someone specifically for each of us. Live your life, take care of yourself, and be patient. You never know when the unexpected moment will arise.