Do Your Passions Reflect Your Career Choice?

Oftentimes we forget that some of the most profitable careers are also the most time-demanding.

408
tumblr.com

I'm a firm believer in finding what you love to do regardless of how much money you make. We often find ourselves caught up in looking at the careers and majors that will make us the most money without looking deeper into what it can do for you for the rest of your life.

I think often times we forget some of the most profitable careers are also the most time-consuming. What if you want to have a family someday? Are you okay with maybe not being able to spend as much time with them or being there for important events? It's scary to think about how much you can miss out on in your life by being so consumed in your career. It's sad to think about much time you could spend being unhappy as a result of your job because it's not what you love to do, it's what you felt you needed to do.

I spent lots of time and research trying to find out what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. At first, I was so consumed with the idea of making tons of money and having a big house and a nice car that I almost forgot about my happiness. I dug deeper and found my true passions and found a career that I didn't even know was out there, a career that fulfills my desires. Maybe one day I won't be making as much as an anesthesiologist, as I once hoped to be, but I'll be making myself truly happy, which is all I could ever want.

I mean, if you love what you do, nothing else matters. I've often heard, "if you love your job, you'll never have to work a day in your life." I find that to be very true when comparing people in their lifelong careers. You get excited to go to work everyday and if you love it, it doesn't even seem like work, it's just a way of life. Take your passion and drive. Find what you love and drive with it. I'd rather spend the rest of my days happy with what I'm doing, instead of being happy from the materialistic things from the money I make.

Find your passion and look deeper into it. Look for what careers are out there and you may surprise yourself. We don't all have to be doctors or CEOs to make a change in this world. Sure, money is nice, but don't forget about your happiness, what your dreams are, what goal you want to accomplish. It's never too late. But, hey, who knows, maybe if you're a lucky one, your passion can make you lots of money and can make you happy, too. Just make sure you take your passions and drive: the journey will help you find your lifelong happiness.