Do You Eat Way Too Much During The Holidays? Here's 3 Simple Steps To Avoid It.

Staying Healthy Over The Holidays

4
Wordpress

Tis the season to ignore all diets, to break away from healthy habits, and to endulge in not just Christmas joy, but Kitchen joy as well. There is just something about the Christmas Cheer surrounded by friends and family that creates this endless craving for all the food in the world and then we partner that food with the drink of our choice involving unending refills. Nothing better accompanies the celebration of Christmas, giving and receiving gifts, and fun with family and friends quite like the food that is in the middle of it all. Here's some simple tips to help keep you healthy and happy throughout this snowy season.

1.) Don't Be Over Eat Pete

From experience, almost every Christmas gathering is filled with a buffet of food including simple snacks, a fruit tray, baked goods, etc. You know what I'm talking about. The issue isn't always the food selection, it's the portions. If everyone brought a dish and you just have to try every one of them that's fine, but don't get a massive scoop of everything then immediately regret it 30 minutes later. There is usually 2-3 gatherings to go to and it's easy to end up overeating to the point to where no matter how hard you work out, you just created a problem for your body. Don't let overeating steal your Christmas joy this year because although you will look jolly, you will not feel jolly.

http://gph.is/1XYhlWg

2.) Avoid The Bread Blowout

The first thing you smell walking into any Christmas party is usually Grandma's buttery rolls that consume the air or something similar. Bread is the #1 filler food at any party and that is why there is always some type of bread around. Its usually the simplest eat, doesn't require a plate or anything fancy. Just walk by, grab a roll, and continue on your way.

All that bread is going to fill you up and give you the bloating of a lifetime. It'll pass over and ultimately won't destroy your life, but it's going to be pretty rough for a couple days after. Enjoy the beautiful bread selection this year just beware of the bread blowout.

http://gph.is/1BNIRjk

3.) Don't Crush All The Candy

There's inevitably always candy floating around somewhere in these Christmas gatherings. Some times it's seasonal candy, other times it's just a pot of good ole Swedish Fish. Candy is straight up sugar. One piece isn't going to do any damage, but have you ever met anyone who can only have one piece? If you ever meet someone who does, run away, because they are most likely an alien trying to fit in. The simple tip regarding the candy bowl is this, don't go anywhere near it. Once you allow yourself that simple pleasure, you will undoubtedly be the one to finish it off. So steer clear and make sure you don't end up going candy crazy this Christmas.

http://gph.is/QA9zoI