Do What Makes You Happy

Do What Makes You Happy

25

Imagine This: You're 9 years old. It's Christmas time and you're bored watching holiday spectaulars and all that jazz. You decide to be bold and turn the channel. BOOM! There it is something in front of you so exciting and different and welcoming it's ... "It Happened on 5th Avenue"!

It's a old movie from the 1940s and it is incredible! I sat in awe and watched TCM the whole day. They played amazing Christmas movies after amazing Christmas movies! I had always had an old soul but this right here confirmed it.

I loved watching the dramatic irony unfold in front of me. By 12 the next morning I knew what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. BE AN ACTRESS!

I wanted to make other people feel the same way I had felt watching Don Defore take Ann Harding into his arms and swing her around the room while everyone laugh. It was perfect and genuine and totally different. I told my family I was going to be an actress and that set the ball in motion.

"When are you getting a real job?" EXCUSE ME JANET?!

What I decide to do and what ultimaley makes me happy is nobody's business!! You have no right to come into my bubble with your two cents and tell me what's right and wrong.

How dare you fix your mouth to say I'll be a starving artist like everyone else and following my dreams are a waste of my time?!

Though my goals for the theatre has changed I've always known that this is where I'm supposed to be. It's the one thing in the world that without a shadow of a doubt I know I'm good at. It sparks a fire in me that people have to take drugs to feel. AND I DO IT SOBER!

Night after night I sit up and listen to people who don't even know me tell me that being a teacher is what's really good for me. I disagree.

Following your dreams, passions, and goals are the best thing that's ever going to happen to you. Just do it and get it over with and if you fail... oh well you can always try and be president.