Thoughts And Prayers DO Work, If You Believe In Them

Trust God, and everything WILL fall into place in HIS timing.

186
Jennifer Hancock

Over the past year, America has seen a lot of tragedy.

Our country is in an extremely dark place, and a common phrase has come from this...

“We don’t want your thoughts and prayers.”

My soul crushes every time I see or hear that.

Let me tell you, through scriptures, why thoughts and prayers do work.

1 John 5:14: "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us."

God hears your prayers. Does it say He will give you exactly what you want?

No.

But should you still trust him?

Absolutely.

Galatians 3:9: "So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith"

If we have faith that God will deliver, the way should we get angry when he doesn’t deliver in the way we wanted him to?

Remember back to the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.

They were told that they were to be sent into the lion’s den for not serving the king and for worshiping God instead.

They said that their God would deliver them, BUT IF NOT, they were still going to serve him.

We need to have this same mindset. We still need to trust God, even when he isn’t giving us the things we want.

He has a plan for all of us, he has a reason. And if we don’t believe in our thoughts and prayers, then why should God believe in them?

Even at times when it can be disheartening and confusing, God still has a purpose for something happening. When we start to doubt God's power, that is when we begin to fall apart.

Why should we pray for these things to stop happening if we don’t actually trust in him? That is where the entire argument stands.