Do Stupid Smart

Do Stupid Smart

You won't miss out on the fun part of the college experience if you are sober

10
Do Stupid Smart

College is not all work and no play and it shouldn’t be. The first weekend back is exciting for returning students and freshman. Classes have started but we are not yet completely buried in work and it’s still summer weather. There is nothing wrong with some stupid young fun, but if you are going to do stupid do it right. Be responsible and create responsible situations before you have some fun.

College fun do’s and don’ts:

-Don’t go out when you don’t know how you are getting back or where you will sleep it off or sober up

-Don’t drink if you don’t know what you will do in the situation you are in

-You need a group mom or dad. Just because you are driving doesn’t mean a dd is not a good idea

-Don not let friends get past their limits

-You don’t need to be black out to have fun

-You don’t have to even bring your keys

-Drink water inbetween

Many new students have never had the experience of college nights and alcohol. My advice to those students, it is not that amazing, you don’t have to hurry up and get wasted or try to drink past your limit to impress people. We don’t care if you drink at all but we do care if you are drunk and disruptive and sick. Just be chill, worry about yourself first and have fun. Yes, underage drinking is illegal and there are many consequences you will most likely ignore, but don’t ignore the possibility that you could drink too much and ruin your first weekend back experience buy needing to leave in an ambulance.

Trust me you can have the college experience without the tragedies. You can avoid drinking yourself sick, losing a friend at a party, getting stranded, and driving drunk. There are also other risks that come with the college party scene, such as sexual harassment and rape, but we as a generation and help avoid these risks:

-No means no

-Clothing doesn’t talk

-Dancing is not words

-Drunk words are not consent

Go out with friends, you don’t need to hook up with some party girl or guy. Stick with your friends make some drunk memories. Get their number there is plenty of time to get that part of the college experience, safe, sober, and by your own choice later.

-Trust your friends and watch your surroundings.

-Don’t leave a friend

-Don’t let a friend leave without an update on where they are going

-if your friend dances with some stay close

-don’t bring a purse or wallet. Put your room key on a hair elastic on your wrist and some cash in your bra.

A college party is definitely not a safe legal setting but let’s face it most students will not skip out on the full college experience. So I hope my advice helps you remember to stay safe will you be a little stupid this weekend. And remember some people are more fun sober so don’t feel peer pressure to drink. Dancing on tables without the probability you will fall because you are drunk is pretty damn fun.

Above all remember that if you have to sacrifice your morals and take risks you are uncomfortable with to fit in with the fun crowd you will get a lot less out of the expereince than you would if you gave yourself a responsible sitation to let loose in.