Do Something Every Day That Your Future Self Will Thank You For

Everyone seems to come into each new year with very specific goals in mind, but for many people these goals are easily forgotten come February.

7

Everyone seems to come into each new year with very specific goals in mind: get a new job, lose 10 pounds, be more confident – the list can go on and on. But for many, these goals are easily forgotten come February.

One year - 365 days, is a very long time. Some of your goals are bound to change in 30 days or even 6 months from now. It is important to set realistic goals that can be met with dedication and commitment. Setting smaller goals within your overall goal can help make accomplishing these things much easier. Focus on the small, and the big picture will soon follow.

No matter what your specific goals are, keep this notion in mind: Do something today you will thank yourself for tomorrow. Hit the gym more often, study harder, go to that party. Every single action can shape you into who you want to become.

The key to reaching your goals is to create new habits that will transform your everyday life. Want to be more fit? Make working out a priority even on your busiest days. Want to get that killer internship? Put in a little time every single day to boosting your resume and interviewing skills. New habits don't come overnight, they take lots of time and loads of commitment.

These actions can even be simple things like setting aside extra time to enjoy your morning coffee or reading more before bedtime. New goals do not always have to have tangible or exact results. "To live a healthier lifestyle" or " to enjoy life more" are goals that may not have specific end games but can help create better habits in your everyday life and routines.

Don't just focus on the goal or the destination, focus on the little things you can do every single day that your future self will thank you for.