I Do Not Blame You For Hating Christian Conservatives

Being a Christian Conservative are two separate things, being a Christian and a Conservative.

86
Felicia Kay Photography

First I have to say, I don't blame you. I do not blame you for hating me for being a Christian Conservative. I do not blame you for assuming you understand my beliefs and my ideas. I do not blame you for wishing we would separate church and state. It is not your fault for believing the way you do, because you are only putting together an opinion based on those who claim to be "Christian Conservatives". With people like Tomi Lahren and Charlie Kirk publicly labeling themselves as "Christian Conservatives", I would hate me, too.
Please know they are not what it means to be a Christian Conservative. First and foremost, I am a Christian. Let me further explain what this means to me. Being a Christian means I am called to do two things in this world: love people and live without judgement. Gay or straight, conservative or liberal, American or not, as a Christian, I love you. I am called to do so by the Lord, who makes everyone perfect in His image, so I have no authority to cast judgement. Christians sin daily, sin selfishly, and are flawed. We will not always be a great Christian. We are not perfect. Even with our sin, even with our imperfections, the Lord loves us and forgives us, and I promise to extend that to everyone and anyone of any race, sexuality, gender, or faith. The Bible said it best:

In John 8, Jesus is presented with woman who committed adultery, which was punishable by stoning. When this woman was brought to Jesus and He was asked what should be done, he said:

7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stoneat her.”

John 8:7

See, being a Christian Conservative is usually lumped together as one thing. People assume they go hand in hand, that socially Conservatives object to things based on their Christianity. But I am not Conservative because I am Christian, I am not a Christian because I am Conservative, I am just a Christian, who happens to be Conservative. I believe in small government and small businesses. I believe in the working man and less taxes. I do not believe the government can tell individuals who they can love, who they can be, or where they belong. We as people cannot hold and judgement of right or wrong, because we all are imperfect. We all struggle with imperfections every single day, yet we believe we have some superior authority to tell others how to live their lives. Here is a secret from me to you: none of us have any right to pass judgement or tell people how to live their lives. As humans, we are all imperfect and for politics to play any roll in social matters is baffling, and for those to object those social issues based on religious persecutions is, quite frankly, crap.

As Christians we are called to love and accept, that does not mean we agree with those around us, that does not mean we have to support what they do or how they live their lives. However, just like God does, we need to love everyone anyway. We need to get over wanting to be right, because quite frankly, none of us truly know what the right thing is. But if we keep loving people without judgement and without limitations, we will figure it out.

Please know being a Christian Conservative does not give anyone the right to cast judgment on you, or on anyone. Please know being a Christian Conservative does not give anyone the right to tell you or anyone what they can do with their lives. I promise as a Christian Conservative to love and to accept anyone of any faith, sexuality, gender, or faith, and I can only pray that other Christian Conservatives do too.

Therefore, accept each other just as Christ has accepted you so that God will be given glory.

Romans 15:7