Diverse Beauty YouTubers

13 Beauty YouTubers That Actually Don't Look Like All The Others

It's time for some diversity.

252
Michelle Phan

When I discovered YouTube and started playing with makeup, it was hard for me to find beauty bloggers that looked like me. Now I think the influencers I watch regularly are working constantly to be forces for change. There is still a lot to be done, and representation is an ongoing process in the beauty industry, but it is empowering to see the online world becoming saturated with people of all skin tones and backgrounds. These are only a handful of YouTubers out there working to broaden society's idea of beauty.

1. Michelle Phan

It only makes sense to start with a true OG beauty guru. This entrepreneur spent 10 years making content for YouTube before taking a step back and focusing on the business side of things. She founded beauty subscription box Ipsy and her own makeup line Em Cosmetics.

2. Jackie Aina

A makeup artists turned YouTube star, Jackie Aina advocates for African American visibility in the cosmetic industry. She continues to challenge the current standards of beauty and gives confidence to women of color.

3. Patricia Bright

Releasing honest content, this female YouTuber creates fashion, beauty, and hair tutorials.

4. Kaushal Beauty

A UK-based Indian influencer whose tutorials are easy to follow. Kaushal creates content that both inspires and teaches her subscribers.

5. Farah Dhukai

You've probably seen her videos on your Instagram explore page, but just in case you've been living under a rock, let me introduce you to the queen of DIYs. She shares beauty tips and tricks with her followers, all the while inspiring her husband to create Farsali Care, the vegan-friendly skin care line that seems to be in every makeup tutorial.

6. SunKissAlba

Alba Ramos is a natural living beauty blogger and vlogger who focuses on using products with a clean ingredient list. Her beauty methods are all toxin-free, giving her audience a new and natural way to view beauty.

7. Nabela Noor

Covering topics related to lifestyle and beauty, this vlogger is an activist for body positivity and representation. She uses her platform not only for makeup tutorials but also to talk about her life as a plus-sized Muslim American woman.

8. Kim Thai

This YouTuber is a full-time student with some serious highlighting skills. She's not without her own scandals (something we've seen with a lot of beauty influencers lately) but she has released an apology that you can interpret however you choose to and continues to put out some banging content.

9. Shahd Batal

This YouTube star strives to empower women. She vlogs her life as a hijab-wearing Sudanese-American, offering advice and wisdom to women looking to embrace their inner selves. With a unique style, she's a go-to for modest fashion and classic makeup looks.

10. Deepica Mutyala

Rising to fame as a YouTuber, Deepica Mutyala is now a TODAY Show Style Tastemaker among other things. Along with regular videos, she launched TINTED in February, an online collective that focuses on representing people of all skin tones.

11. Anchal MUA

Anchal Seda is clearly passionate about makeup, including everything from glam looks to gory special effects. She mainly creates easy to follow tutorials where she shares her tips for flawless makeup application.

12. Joanna Vongphoumy

Viewers that don't like to cake on pounds of makeup every day will appreciate Joanna's healthy, glowing skin looks. Not only are her tutorials easy to follow, but she always goes for products that feel light on the skin.

13. Shahleena

This vlogger isn't out to make millions. Whether it's a review, haul, or chit-chat, her videos are always honest and direct. Never allowing herself to be influenced, there's nothing to behind her videos other than a love of makeup.