"April showers bring May flowers"
There is nothing better than an ooey-gooey grilled cheese sandwich on a rainy day—but what's better than a Disney grilled cheese sandwich straight from the parks? I made this recipe last week, and I don't think I can ever go back to a non-Disney grilled cheese now!
Here's the recipe, straight from Disney Park's blog!
BUFFALO CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH from ABC Commissary at Disney's Hollywood Studios
BUFFALO CHICKEN FILLING
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce, plus more, to taste
- 2 cups shredded chicken
BUFFALO CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
- 8 large slices of sourdough bread
- 8 slices non-smoked provolone cheese
- Buffalo chicken filling
- 8 tablespoons mayonnaise
FOR BUFFALO CHICKEN FILLING:
- Combine cream cheese, Monterey jack cheese, and cheddar cheese in a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until combined. Add hot sauce and beat until incorporated.
- Add chicken and beat for 30 seconds. Add additional buffalo hot sauce, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
FOR BUFFALO CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH:
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Place 4 slices of sourdough bread on a large cutting board and top each with one slice of provolone cheese. Evenly divide buffalo chicken filling among the 4 sandwiches. Top with remaining slices of provolone and bread.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise on both sides of each sandwich.
- Cook on a preheated skillet for 1-2 minutes per side, until the desired doneness.
Note: This recipe was taken from the Disney Parks Blog, so this is an authentic Disney Recipe!