Enjoy Spring Showers With Disney's Ooey-Gooey Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Try out this recipe that's straight from the Disney Parks.

39

"April showers bring May flowers"

There is nothing better than an ooey-gooey grilled cheese sandwich on a rainy day—but what's better than a Disney grilled cheese sandwich straight from the parks? I made this recipe last week, and I don't think I can ever go back to a non-Disney grilled cheese now!

Here's the recipe, straight from Disney Park's blog!

BUFFALO CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH from ABC Commissary at Disney's Hollywood Studios
Serves 4

BUFFALO CHICKEN FILLING

• 1 cup whipped cream cheese
  • 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce, plus more, to taste
  • 2 cups shredded chicken

BUFFALO CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH

• 8 large slices of sourdough bread
  • 8 slices non-smoked provolone cheese
  • Buffalo chicken filling
  • 8 tablespoons mayonnaise

FOR BUFFALO CHICKEN FILLING:

1. Combine cream cheese, Monterey jack cheese, and cheddar cheese in a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until combined. Add hot sauce and beat until incorporated.
  2. Add chicken and beat for 30 seconds. Add additional buffalo hot sauce, if desired.
  3. Refrigerate until ready to use.

FOR BUFFALO CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH:

1. Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
  2. Place 4 slices of sourdough bread on a large cutting board and top each with one slice of provolone cheese. Evenly divide buffalo chicken filling among the 4 sandwiches. Top with remaining slices of provolone and bread.
  3. Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise on both sides of each sandwich.
  4. Cook on a preheated skillet for 1-2 minutes per side, until the desired doneness.

Note: This recipe was taken from the Disney Parks Blog, so this is an authentic Disney Recipe!