Never Pass Up The Opportunity To Travel

Being In A Different Environment Can Be Scary But Can Also Give You A Totally Different Perspective

Traveling opens your eyes to bigger and brighter things, never take it for granted.

50
Lily Thieneman

Some people don't like to travel for various reasons, maybe you're scared of flying or don't like being out of your comfort zone, maybe being in an unfamiliar place gives you anxiety. All of these things are factors to consider when traveling, but we should never pass up an opportunity to see the world.

Recently I had the chance to travel to Costa Rica with my family. At first, it was a little intimidating to think about because being and in a completely different environment can be scary. When you leave the country you never know what to expect but what you do know is that it will not be anything like home.

As Costa Rica is a third world country, I was curious as to what it would be like. I have been out of the country multiple times before but every place is different. My family and I traveled to the iconic Costa Rican rain forest, right smack dab in the middle of absolutely nowhere.

After a 2 hour flight to Atlanta, and 5-hour flight to San Jose, Costa Rica we rented a car and drove a whopping 3 and a half hours straight up a mountain on the most winding roads I have ever seen. Finally, we made it and it was the most beautiful sight ever.

After waking up to howler monkeys each morning, hiking up a volcano, zip-lining 1,000 feet above the ground through the rain forest, seeing the biggest and most beautiful waterfall up close, and meeting the nicest and most considerate people, I have come to the realization that this travel experience has been incredibly eye-opening.

I have never been somewhere so beautiful and heartwarming in my life. Every single sight I saw, every animal, every person, and every experience was truly amazing. Most people go to the beach when visiting Costa Rica, but I highly encourage you to branch out and experience the rain forest.

Traveling is something many, many people take for granted. I can't even imagine turning down this experience, and now I can say I have been to a real rain forest where my eyes truly opened to the beauty of this world. There is so much more to see and taking the chance while you have it will change your life and perspective.

So, travel while you can and never turn down a new experience. Be present in the moment and always, always appreciate where you are and what you have because there is always someone out there that would love to be in your place.