Difference between PU cast floor and epoxy floor

epoxy floor

13

epoxy floor

Of some importance, it is very good to clarify that both PU cast floor and epoxy floor come under plastic flooring. The primary difference between epoxy and polyurethane (PU) cast floors is hardness. Epoxy cast floors are much tougher than PU (polyurethane) cast floors and are therefore well suited for applications in industrial areas, carports and studios. Epoxy base is more grounded in terms of protection against water, oil, lubes, petroleum, acids and cleaners. This floor protects your business from soil pollution. Similarly, we have epoxy betonlook vloer for industrial areas.

What can I use epoxy or PU cast floors for?

Polyurethane (PU) cast floors are ideal for new-look workplaces, sterile areas or possibly display areas, as they are lighter than epoxy floors. Similarly, PU cast floor is a break-through floor due to its versatile layer. Since it is intermittent, most of its time is used in new development projects. New development projects actually have a lot to do with the end result, in light of the fact that PU gietvloer is flexible, it springs with the structure and as a result the floor is less likely to crack.

Similarity PU cast floor and epoxy cast floor

Both cast floors have additional similarities, for example, that both cast floors are fluid tight and self-leveling. Additionally, virtually all are accessible in RAL, NCS and Sikkens tones. This way we can guarantee that your floor fits perfectly with the overall plan of the organization. Whenever desired, we can likewise give you a hint of the exact tone, so you can be sure the final product is one you'll love.

PU (polyurethane) cast floor has been introduced in all Ordina sterile areas. PU cast floor is suitable for clean areas due to its adaptable nature.

Difference between Epoxy Flooring and PU Cast Flooring

The main difference between epoxy and polyurethane is that overall epoxyvloer is harder while PU cast flooring is more flexible.

PU coatings and self-leveling materials are also significantly more sensitive to the presence of moisture. As a result, PU cast flooring materials suffer from air pockets, wrinkle, pinholes and kinks on the top surface, as well as debonding, in case of accumulation, floor dampness or excessive moisture during use. Also the problems of a sufficient substrate may appear.

Looking at PU cast flooring vs Epoxy flooring, epoxy is sensitive to getting wet whereas PU flooring material is not.

As a rule, PU cast flooring materials cure faster than epoxy flooring materials so if an undertaking is given in a short period of time, PU cast flooring is a reasonable thought. In any case, installing PU cast flooring materials requires experienced equipment as they have a long pot life which is why it is wise to hire a professional.

PU cast flooring materials are also a bit more expensive overall but it is important to understand that cost is usually not the most important factor and more thought needs to be put into thinking about the right type of material for the desired purpose or facility. .