This semester, I applied for the Disney College Program for the third time. I hope to be able to be able to do this program sometime during my college career. The Disney College Program is a wonderful opportunity one can take in order to work for the company for a semester in order to make connections and work at one of the happiest places on Earth! For those of us who love Disney with a passion, this is an ultimate life goal. Especially for someone such as myself who hopes to work for the company in my future career one day. Without further ado, here are the things you know to be true when your dream is to participate in the DCP!
1. You have applied for the program.
Maybe once, maybe four times. You're still just as excited!
2. You have joined the Facebook groups for other DCP hopefuls.
DCP Fall/Fall Advantage, and Submission Ohana have taken up my newsfeed for the past few weeks, and I couldn't be happier.
3. You follow the hashtag on Twitter and tumblr.
Even if you drive yourself crazy scrolling through them.
4. You feed into the hope that a "wave" is coming.
A wave happens when a group of people are suddenly moved forward or told they are no longer in consideration. Typically, the former is more exciting than the latter.
5. You freak out every time you receive an email from Disney.
Even though it is usually a coupon from the Disney Store. . .
6. You can quote your favorite Disney movie perfectly.
Seagulls fly through the air, a ship floats into view, and dolphins call. "I'll tell you a tale of the bottomless sea and it's hey to the starboard, heave-ho!"
7. You read all of the interesting blogs, and watch vlogs from other people's programs!
They are the perfect thing to watch on the elliptical!
8. You have a bucket list for when you do get to participate in the DCP.
Meet all of your favorite characters, eat a Dole whip, and visit every park in one day!
9. You know Disney songs better than any of the current music.
Half of my iTunes songs are Disney songs.
10. You even have dreams about the DCP!
It also included Lin-Manuel Miranda, btw.
All in all, this amazing program is something I hope I am lucky enough to experience in my college career. I am so glad to have found a community of people who share my ambition and possible obsession with Disney. Best of luck to everyone applying, with a little bit of faith, trust, and pixie dust anything is possible!