Dental Fraud Is A Real Thing

To The Dentist Who Swindled My Parents

I guess this why you're no longer practicing?

5
To The Dentist Who Swindled My Parents

To my childhood dentist,

As a little girl, I loved coming to your office. There was nothing better than the bubble gum flavored toothpaste and the bag full of goodies I left with after every cleaning. Even the waiting room was fun. I always loved the kid's table and the fun little toys that came with it.

In middle school, that all changed.

I'll never forget coming to your office and finding out I needed not one, but two root canals. I'm someone who can't even stand the thought of a regular needle let alone one that goes into my gums.

I remember the awful feeling that came along with the two separate procedures, despite the fact that I had been numbed and medicated.

I was in middle school at the time, so my parents have left to foot the bill. I remember it costing over a thousand dollars at least. I also recall return to have the crown smoothed down because it was cutting my tongue... which had already been cut up pretty badly during the second root canal.

Flash forward from 2008 to 2018. It's September and the beginning of my senior year in college. Both of the crowns had begun to deteriorate. Slowly falling to pieces over time. Each one crumbling away to nothing within a span of a week.

Because of this, I ended up at an emergency dentist who then told me, what little bit of fillings I had left of the two teeth were actually just temps.

This means that my parents were charged a large sum of money for a service that wasn't even provided.

Now flash forward again... I'm experiencing excruciating pain that shoots directly into my ear every time something touches one them. I feel pain in the affected tooth as well, which shouldn't be happening.

Last time I checked, during a root canal, the dentist actually removed the nerve from your tooth... meaning you should no longer feel anything there.

This leads me to believe that the root canals also were done incorrectly. Again, my parents were charged for a service that was not provided.

This is absolutely infuriating. Now, as a senior in college with little to no money, I'm left to pay for yet two more root canals and two more crowns that were already supposed to be fixed by you.

Now that I've asked around, I've found that other people who came to your practice for the same procedures are now dealing with the same issues. Coincidence? I don't think so.

I simply must ask. How can you live with yourself, having swindled families out of money and causing further issues for people who had come to you for help?

It's disgusting. Perhaps, people caught on. Perhaps, you've lost your dental license or whatever it is that that gives you.

Whatever the case may be, you're a ghost. Not even the power of the internet can locate you.

So, if by some miraculous chance you read this I want you to know how absolutely horrible your actions were. I want you to know that you have caused me so much pain and wasted so much of my money. That money can no longer go toward my tuition or toward the new car I desperately need, or even just food to get me through the week.

Thank you for having done something so terrible that only came back to bite me in the worst possible timing... you rock.

xx Your former patient