The Strong Comeback Of Former Disney Queen Demi Lovato

From her destructive journey to her triumphant return, loyal fans are ready for her upcoming album.

120

Most people know that early on in her career, Demi Lovato was in a very difficult place in her life. Not only was she self-medicating, she was diagnosed with bulimia and depression. She did not know that from a young age she was also suffering from Bipolar Disorder. While struggling to maintain her public image, she also committed acts of self-harm as her mental health deteriorated.

9 years ago, Demi reigned as another “Disney Queen” as she starred in the lead role of the very popular Disney Original Movie “Camp Rock.” Soon enough, she was in the limelight and then the paparazzi took a picture of her, which zoomed in on the cuts she was trying to hide on her wrist. That is when people began questioning if Demi was okay. All of a sudden, the news was everywhere that she was in rehab and she became yet “another failed Disney queen.”

Disney has a pattern of keeping their stars as innocent figures until they grow out of it and exit the channel (usually at about the age of 18). Demi’s story actually didn’t turn her into “one of those failed child stars”

(ex: Lindsay Lohan, Amanda Bynes, etc). Instead, for years and still today, you see her coming out and talking about how serious mental illness is and how important it is to properly manage it.

She speaks of positivity in her book “Staying Strong: 365 Days A Year.” Each page of the book represented a day and it would begin with one positive thought to have that day as well as a daily mental goal. It helped and continues to help many people struggling with similar issues to this day. This book helps the mind and the spirit heal.

Demi was in a dark place for a long time. She spoke in several interviews, had her own documentary published, and even tattooed the words “Stay Strong” on her wrists. She is the epitome of “the comeback kid.” For someone who dealt with body image issues, today she has a toned stomach and body, takes several fitness classes, and just earned herself a belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. She has also announced a new album coming out on September 29th, 2017, and she’s killing it at all her performances.

Asking the question “Why is no one talking about this?” seems odd because there are a bunch of articles about her mental health journey. But what is pointed out here is that she’s been through so much and has bounced back! Her true fans were loyal to her throughout her entire journey. She is all about learning to better yourself and although she has songs out like “Sorry Not Sorry,” an anthem about dissing her exes, that is not her only angle. She still has songs coming out which touch fans on a deeper level.

Her current most emotional songs include “Stone Cold,” “Skyscraper,” “Warrior,” and the less popular “Shouldn’t Come Back.” We are hoping that her new album gives us fans those same feelings we once felt in our core. Many of Demi’s fans were always able to relate to her because, unlike former “role models,” she actually represents them. And we are all ready for this comeback.

Slay, Demi, slay.