Demi Lovato's "Simply Complicated" Documentary Review

"bold and real" - GLAMOUR "shocking revelations" - POPSUGAR "powerful confessions" - ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY "battles and triumphs" - BILLBOARD

576
Thursday's Journal

Not only do I love Demi Lovato for being a talented actress and singer, but also as a person who is not afraid to be open about her past struggles. Demi Lovato is transparent and vulnerable with her audience when it comes to her documentary "Simply Complicated." In this film, Demi talks about her struggles with mental illness and substance abuse at a young age and the emotions she was feeling that were abnormal to other people.

In the documentary, Demi made the statement, "one day I just came to a breaking point." She realized that she needed to make a change in her life to get back to having good mental health. Demi decided that going to professionals such as psychologists and counselors for help would be the best thing to do in order to recover. She even started working out more to reduce the stress and anxiety that she was feeling in her life.

Through therapy and exercise, Demi was able to to clean herself from abuse and get herself back on track to happiness and success. After getting the help she needed from professionals and support from family and friends, Demi came to a successful recovery and was stronger than she ever was before.

Overall, Demi Lovato's "Simply Complicated" documentary sends her audience the message that anyone can struggle with mental illness and that it is okay. Being mentally ill is hard, but it is nothing to be ashamed of. A lot of people go through the struggle of some form of mental disorder. Mental illness is a hard battle, but with the help of professionals such as psychologists and counselors and from family and friends who love you, you are able to get through it. However, the main person you need help from in order to recover is yourself. You have to want to get through the struggle of mental illness because it is something that you want to do, not just because others want you to. Throughout this documentary you can see Demi transform from being someone who struggled on a continuous journey of being unhappy while using drugs to being happier than ever before and clean of all things harmful. Demi Lovato is living proof that you can change your life and get on the road to recovery. It does not matter how long the journey takes as long as you eventually get there.

I highly recommend watching Demi Lovato's documentary "Simply Complicated." Whether you like Demi as an actress, singer or are interested in topics such as mental illness, psychology and/or counseling, I truly believe you will enjoy this documentary as much as I did.

If you would like to watch Demi Lovato's journey to recovery, click on the link below to view the full documentary!