Demi Lovato Is HOT In "Cool For The Summer"

Demi hopes fans will appreciate the sex appeal of the song, but also understand and appreciate the meaning behind it.

48

Whether you have loved her since her Barney days or just became a Lovatic today, there is no denying that Demi Lovato’s “Cool for the Summer” is not just cool, it's smoking hot! The lyrics, the setting, and the topic are definitely the most controversial and adult subjects the singer has ever written about, which is another reason fans can’t help but drool over it. Lines like “got a taste for the cherry, I just need to take a bite” definitely suggest that Demi is not afraid to talk about her sexual curiosity, and neither should anyone else be. Here are some of the great things about "Cool for the Summer:"

1. Demi teaches us to embrace our daily challenges and with open arms.

2. The song is basically about a girl curious about what it would be like to kiss another girl.

Demi Lovato has made no secret of her strong support of the LGBT community, and in a nation where marriage equality is now the law of the land, she has released a pop anthem reflecting and discussing the new reality.

3. This song, like many of Lovato’s songs, is another way for her to tell her fans and haters that she doesn't care what people think.

And neither should you.

Although “Cool for the Summer” has sexy, half-naked women dancing around, and lyrics about how “I’m a little curious for you,” Demi hopes fans will appreciate the sex appeal of the song, but also understand and appreciate the meaning behind it. The Billboards are saying that Demi got “aggressive” in her cool for the summer video. Do you agree?

Demi hopes that fans will appreciate this new chapter in her life. On Ryan Seacrest's morning show, she said “New chapter, new me. I’m done with the sad stories.” So although many fans may not agree with the controversial subject, or with how extremely different this song is than any other songs that Demi has done, this song represents who she is right now. “I wanna just have fun.” She wants to represent what it really is to be 22 years old and not just be a perfect role model. Can’t blame a girl for just being true to who she is. Love you, Demi!